Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay.

Default Hitler couldn't "sink" it, but the MCA will

Dunkirk "little ship" and other Thames pleasure cruise boats will be put out of business by new "SAFETY"?? rules to be imposed by the MCA.
    Radical and eye-wateringly costly alterations to be imposed on operators, including, in one case, closing of the lower (salon) deck.

Hitler's henchmen are alive and kicking (operators and passengers in their teeth).
    What is the MCA's agenda? To make the pleasure boating fraternity a no-go situation?
    Who is at the helm of these frighteningly over-zealous and Draconian civil servants?
    What can be done to reign them in?
    Kay Sarah Sarah
    57°51.42' N 5°29.44' W

Default Re: Hitler couldn't "sink" it, but the MCA will

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wilson View Post
    Dunkirk "little ship" and other Thames pleasure cruise boats will be put out of business by new "SAFETY"?? rules to be imposed by the MCA.
    Radical and eye-wateringly costly alterations to be imposed on operators, including, in one case, closing of the lower (salon) deck.

Hitler's henchmen are alive and kicking (operators and passengers in their teeth).
    What is the MCA's agenda? To make the pleasure boating fraternity a no-go situation?
    Who is at the helm of these frighteningly over-zealous and Draconian civil servants?
    What can be done to reign them in?
    Link❓
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

It was on BBC Breakfast about half an hour ago.
    Sorry, no further link information
    Kay Sarah Sarah
    57°51.42' N 5°29.44' W

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.

Same sort of thing has happened to WW2 vintage aircraft. New regulations meant that they could no longer be used in commercial flights. Not sure what Hitler has to do with this though?

It's Elf and Safety gorn mad. Again.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by duncan99210 View Post
    Same sort of thing has happened to WW2 vintage aircraft. New regulations meant that they could no longer be used in commercial flights. Not sure what Hitler has to do with this though?
    An off-beat link to the Dunkirk Little Ship's survival and linked to my feelings for the MCA's strangling of pleasure boating.
    Kay Sarah Sarah
    57°51.42' N 5°29.44' W

It is healh and safety madness the boats have been operating safely for decades wth no problems so why do the prats want to change it.

[QUOTE=Robert Wilson;6847409]Dunkirk "little ship" and other Thames pleasure cruise boats will be put out of business by new "SAFETY"?? rules to be imposed by the MCA.
    Radical and eye-wateringly costly alterations to be imposed on operators, including, in one case, closing of the lower (salon) deck./QUOTE]

I am shocked, shocked to learn that boats over seventy five years old may not meet modern safety standards.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

My first proper boat, bought in 1962 but built in 1897, is still sailing. She is completing another refit(build) and will be competing in the Mediterranean Classic Series soon.
    Myfanwy, built by S.Bond& Co. on the Mersey
    Kay Sarah Sarah
    57°51.42' N 5°29.44' W

[QUOTE=JumbleDuck;6847525]
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wilson View Post
    Radical and eye-wateringly costly alterations to be imposed on operators, including, in one case, closing of the lower (salon) deck./QUOTE]

I am shocked, shocked to learn that boats over seventy five years old may not meet modern safety standards.
    Just as I was shocked to learn on this forum that some of the language that I have been using for maybe 65 years no longer meets modern usage standards.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast