Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan Winter

Default Dylan Winter

I don't think he has been hard from on this forum for a while. (I might be wrong). Anyway it is funny how you feel almost friends with people who post here and feel a loss when they disappear. (Lakesailor for instance any one know?)
    I received this link https://www.youtube.com/embed/88UVJpQGi88 a short video posted by Dylan. Anyway it is nice to see him and hear his voice. No boats involved. The starlings are remarkable. Interesting that while there are starlings in eastern states of Oz we don't have them or want them in west Oz. We do have flocks of budgerigars and parrots that act in a similar manner. Plus of course fish schools. ol'will

Default Re: Dylan Winter

I loved his work for the BBC back in the 1980's. His early YouTube "Keep Turning Left" are magnificent but he lost the plot on the west of Scotland.

A project such as "KTL" is going to cost a significant amount of cash and that was not budgeted for. Sadly, a few rants about money and politics killed it for me.

I am planning my own circumnavigation of the British Isles, a blog and perhaps some film footage if I take some time to learn how to use a video camera. But that will be done to share my trip with friends and family, and to remind me when I start losing my marbles.

I might post in here to say the trip had been completed and enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by William_H View Post
    I don't think he has been hard from on this forum for a while. (I might be wrong). Anyway it is funny how you feel almost friends with people who post here and feel a loss when they disappear. (Lakesailor for instance any one know?)
    I received this link https://www.youtube.com/embed/88UVJpQGi88 a short video posted by Dylan. Anyway it is nice to see him and hear his voice. No boats involved. The starlings are remarkable. Interesting that while there are starlings in eastern states of Oz we don't have them or want them in west Oz. We do have flocks of budgerigars and parrots that act in a similar manner. Plus of course fish schools. ol'will
    Lakesailor still posts regularly on YBW but only in The Lounge and not under that username.

I think Dylan stopped regular posting sometime shortly after the bust-up with the Scottish photographer.

Richard

Dylan blew it for me on a couple of counts; he made himself out to be a poor impoverished solo sailor then ended up on his second Centaur asking everyone to fund what was basically a family holiday - and took the books and help I offered then had a go at me for having a modern 2-stroke engine as if it was an oil-slick creating Seagull.

Lakesailor is doing well and very active on a different friendlier site he and another set up in response to what they and others considered over- political correctness and moderation, PM me - it's not the lounge like here though, glad to say.
    Last edited by Seajet; 21-07-19 at 05:35.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    Lakesailor is doing well and very active on a different friendlier site he and another set up in response to what they and others considered over- political correctness and moderation, PM me - it's not the lounge like here though, glad to say.

I enjoyed the early KTL videos - man in small boat - but when it became man in ordinary sized it became less interesting to me.

He posts on Sailing Anarchy. I thought his work was good and rather liked his arguments. People had the choice to pay or not, no one had to argue about it.
    "'...contradictions .... are deliberate exercises in doublethink." Orwell from 1984

Quote Originally Posted by BlowingOldBoots View Post
    He posts on Sailing Anarchy. I thought his work was good and rather liked his arguments. People had the choice to pay or not, no one had to argue about it.
    Agree

I really enjoyed the early ones: shallow sailing in the Slug on the East coast rivers. So different from the Irish Sea - made me want to move house. For me the later ones seemed to lose the magic.

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.

Quote Originally Posted by BlowingOldBoots View Post
    People had the choice to pay or not, no one had to argue about it.
    But HE did.

If you view what is essentially a free platform but fail to pay for his car servicing and diesel he openly labels you as a “freeloader”

Well there’s another word beginning with “f” and as far as he is concerned you can add “off” to it

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast