Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan Winter

Default Re: Dylan Winter

I only seen maybe one or two of his film in the early days and it seen to me a lot of people got a lots of enjoyment from them , even ones who are now running the guy down .
    Unless I mistaken you could watch then for free , so what's the problem .?
    All that's happen is becuause of all the fuss the guy has stop making them and no one get to see them .
    Went ever tho who have TV turn it on your paying to watch ,
    I don't hear people complaining some of that money gone into putting fuel in their tanks .
    once you have given it , surly it's up to him what he does with it .
    If we don't like it then we don't give .
    I like YBW forum but it seems to me there always people if they read something that not to there likely , they can't wait to to stick the knive in .
    Shame .....
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.

Vic, sorry to be so blunt but you have absolutely no idea what youíre talking about.

Simplistically he EXPECTS you to pay and insults those that donít.

If that was the way YouTube operated then it would not function

Quote Originally Posted by Just_sayin' View Post
    Vic, sorry to be so blunt but you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Simplistically he EXPECTS you to pay and insults those that don’t.

If that was the way YouTube operated then it would not function
    I fully understand your comment and maybe I don't understand the full extent of it all
    I didn't really get into it and once people start calling each other names here I tend to turn off .
    But just one question .
    Do you have to pay to see his films or have to ask him for premision of watch , in the early days you didn't ?

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.

He has in principle turned his Youtube channel off and is transferring all his videos to his Website which will be pay per view.

Ok well as you said I don't know what I talking about and to some degree I have to agree , as I never got into it ,
    To busy cruisers ,
    but I just done a little search and found loads of his stuff all free .
    At the end of the day it's his Video and that's he's choice ,
    Many of the sailing stuff we see on YouTube are funded ,
    One couple have been given a brand new cat and another couple most of their equipment has been given to them by manufactory,
    I agree you shouldn't tell people to F off who won't pay , if he puts it out for free then he has to expect some are not going to pay ,
    Has I said I watch a couple of his films mainly because their were filmed on east coast rivers I learn to sail on many years ago .
    So I guess I too am a free loader .
    But hey life goes on ,
    Anyway enjoy the rest of your weekend ,
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 21-07-19 at 15:59.

Dylan got de-monetised by YouTube so I think he got a bit of an attitude about it, Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlowingOldBoots View Post
    He posts on Sailing Anarchy. I thought his work was good and rather liked his arguments. People had the choice to pay or not, no one had to argue about it.
    Market forces always rule and always prevail. He did something that started to interest people but started arguing with some. Delos and La Vagabonde and even The Old Seadog showed how it can be done. Serious wedge to be earned but hard work and the big no no dont piss people off! The market said no and he is where he is. Bit like the BBC he used to work for, they need to change too! Netflix et al will see to that!

I don't understand YouTube financially but what does demonetised mean. Some sailing YouTubers make their living at it and good luck to them Delos, La Vagabond et al. I watch occasionally and enjoy them, they do ask politely for a donation but not in an unpleasant way and don't criticise 'freeloaders'.

Originally anyone would get share of advert money for videos, albeit a small amount. YouTube raised the threshold a year or so ago meaning most smalltime video makers dropped below the level and YouTube kept all the revenue for themselves. It's quite a hurdle to get over

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlymoron View Post
    I don't understand YouTube financially but what does demonetised mean.
    If you attract enough viewers to YouTube you can get a cut of the advertising revenue. However, there are some fairly stiff conditions on this including "no unlicensed used of copyright music". Mr Winter made/makes copious use of copyright music in his sound tracks and so cannot earn directly from them.

I believe that he is still hoping that somebody will buy or give him a Fisher 32 for his family holidays. Don 't blame him. I want one too.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast