Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Dylan Winter

Default Re: Dylan Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Wader View Post
    Yes. You wouldn't go to the library and moan about all the authors you don't like very much, just not borrow or read their books.
    Anyone who presents work to the public is inviting comments, some of which may be negative. The same with knobs on for anyone who wants money in return. Buskers are ill-advised to shout insults at those who do not throw money in the cap - their time would be more profitably spend learning how to play better.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Well all I can say Is between the negative comment and the positive once ,
    he had some good advertising all free ,
    I sure Dylan thanks everyone for that .
    I even watching a few of his over the last few days .
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

I paid for several KTL videos and thoroughl Enjoyed them even though Iíd never seen a backwater let alone sailed on one.
    He pissed me off ranting about free loaders who didnít pay but weíre willing to view his videos.
    I know he bought the centaur in Falmouth for a knockdown price and soon sold it for a handsome profit, I doubt if the poorer previous owner had a bing out of it.
    He is a wealthy man who wanted everything for nothing which in my opinion is fine but donít bite the hand that feeds you. Gerald Ratner and dillan has found out to their cost with upsetting your market users.

I still watch them the free ones that is.

I suppose it might just be summer boredom but this thread reminds me of a saying we had in Ireland

" If you can't say anything good about him just say nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by robertj View Post
    I know he bought the centaur in Falmouth for a knockdown price and soon sold it for a handsome profit, I doubt if the poorer previous owner had a bing out of it.
    If your referring to the first one, he boaught it for a £1, saving the owner the annual yard fees, with an agreement that he would split the proceeds once done up and sold on after he had used it.

You are on very, very sticky ground claiming the previous owner never received a bean, I am quite certain that dylan would have honoured his deal.

If you are referring to the second centaur, the previous owner sold it a fair price, not knockdown, and was entitled to nothing from any subsequent sale. That increase in sale price was probably more due to dylans efforts and mild claim to fame , and the dutch auction system he used, than anything else. Regardless, it was all his.

I'm pretty sure when he came to the Medway Yacht Club, the 'owner' of the Centaur came with him and I think at that point he'd sold it and split the funds. They appeared good friends.

I've spent an evening with him and thought he was a great bloke.

Watched many of his videos and enjoyed them too. didn't pay tho because I'm a free loader �� the videos I enjoyed more then another were Nathan's on kudu

South Oxfordshire, Gosport and Wellington New Zealand.

Dylan gave our winter talks club a couple of evening talks which were very well recieved and I assisted with the first service on his new outboard-the one which was subsequently nicked-in my workshop. It was more of a tutorial for Dylan, one I could handle easily through my years of experience as a trainer.

I thought he was a great bloke too.

I bought his DVDs and enjoyed watching them very much. Followed on watching on YouTube and chipped in as I still enjoyed the very well made and informative videos- until he had a nasty, ill informed anti Scottish rant for virtually all of one of them.
    Bumped into him in person briefly and thought he was a good bloke who I’d like to have spent some more time with.

The Internet is a strange place...it does not even come close to giving an indication of what and who someone really is.

Im sad he’s not here anymore.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast