Default Using 2 6 gang switch panels instead of 1 12 gang one?

Seems like it will be a lot cheaper, particularly as I already have a 6 gang one, just to add another and fit them into a bigger box. The measurements work out fine. Any reason why I should not do this and buy a 12 gang one instead?

And if I do this, whats the best way to wire them?

Link them together somehow or split the feed from the battery using some kind of connector block?

I'm probably talking myself into just getting this 8 gang one as its just for the wee boat, but the answers would be useful for when I do the big boat next.

Default Re: Using 2 6 gang switch panels instead of 1 12 gang one?

A friend had 2 linked panels on a First 211. They worked fine.

Default Re: Using 2 6 gang switch panels instead of 1 12 gang one?

Quote Originally Posted by steve yates View Post
    Seems like it will be a lot cheaper, particularly as I already have a 6 gang one, just to add another and fit them into a bigger box. The measurements work out fine. Any reason why I should not do this and buy a 12 gang one instead?

And if I do this, whats the best way to wire them?

Link them together somehow or split the feed from the battery using some kind of connector block?

I'm probably talking myself into just getting this 8 gang one as its just for the wee boat, but the answers would be useful for when I do the big boat next.
    Your choice I reckon, but if you have a good 6 way panel already there is not much to be gained, except for saving a little space, by chucking it out and fitting a 12 way panel rather than adding a second 6 way panel.

If two 6 way panels are located next or even near each other you can "daisy chain" the power supplies to the two .

A possible advantage of two panels could be that they don't have to be next or even near each other. If well separated two separate feeds from the isolator might be more convenient/sensible than linking them.