Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Cool Very exited lying between these two young lady’s

The SL86 on my port side was towed back to the marina, because one MTU engine got overheated, just 15minutes after they left here in Cagliari.
    All fire alarms and fire preventing systems where activated,
    the passengers (the owner) AND the crew were evacuated from the boat,
    but crew went back onboard when the situation was safe.

The boat is only 2y old,
    I didn’t manage to speak much with the 35yo Captain after the incident.
    I have just been informed that he resined because the owner was too much demanding and the boat had many issues,
    They had a very busy and tight itinerery.

Default Re: Very exited lying between these two young lady’s

Stunning vessel, the SD92.
    She would certainly be among my top choices, if I could pick any sub-24m (formally) boat and money were no object.
    From your stbd walkaround you should enjoy a great view on her beautiful side door, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Stunning vessel, the SD92.
    She would certainly be among my top choices, if I could pick any sub-24m (formally) boat and money were no object.
    From your stbd walkaround you should enjoy a great view on her beautiful side door, btw!
    I understand that the sub-24m rule has to do with whether a licensed/certified captain is required to skipper the boat (I may be very wrong here?). However, do boats of this size generally have a full-time crew or are many operated by just the owner/guests?

Quote Originally Posted by roa312 View Post
    I understand that the sub-24m rule has to do with whether a licensed/certified captain is required to skipper the boat (I may be very wrong here?). However, do boats of this size generally have a full-time crew or are many operated by just the owner/guests?
    here on the forum are a few exceptions, but boats from 70ft up, usually have full time crew.
    In general, people who can afford to buy and cope with the running costs of such a boat, usually have other things todo or other interests than taking care of the boat.

In my case, (Canados 70, loa 76ft) we have a seasonal cook / crew girl onboard,
    all other operations ( helming, mooring, booking berths, maintenance, diagnose and solving small repairs, ....) are handled by me and my wife.

from 24m up, a captain with professional license is required.
    Last edited by BartW; 21-07-19 at 20:44.

Quote Originally Posted by roa312 View Post
    Your understanding of the sub-24m rule is correct, but the SD92 is actually a massive thing (30+m and well above 100T, IIRC), which is the reason why I specified "formally".

So, regardless of the tricks used to allow owners of boats like this to be in command of them, maintaining them in decent conditions is quite a job anyway.
    Dealing with it as an owners operators is possible I guess, but certainly VERY demanding.
    I don't think there are many people around who, being able to afford a boat like that, are also willing to spend a huge amount of their time taking care of it.

To some extent it's an each to their own matter, though: myself and my wife, who neither want nor could afford crew, agreed between us that that 60 feet or so is the limit above which the convenience of larger spaces is more than compensated by the higher maintenance burden.
    In fact, having said what I said about the SD92, if I were given a chance to get one FoC under the condition of taking care of her ourselves, I would decline the offer. Melancholically of course, but I'd decline it for good.

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post

The SL86 on my port side was towed back to the marina, because one MTU engine got overheated, just 15minutes after they left here in Cagliari.
    All fire alarms and fire preventing systems where activated,
    the passengers (the owner) AND the crew were evacuated from the boat,
    but crew went back onboard when the situation was safe.

The boat is only 2y old,
    I didn’t manage to speak much with the 35yo Captain after the incident.
    I have just been informed that he resined because the owner was too much demanding and the boat had many issues,
    They had a very busy and tight itinerery.
    Interesting update Bart, the skipper did look stressed when the boat was towed back in.

I guess you were in your “element” being between these two, understanding your love of the brand, but I still think BA takes a lot of beating for space and layout in the size range, and such a classy girl

I hope the entire BA crew have a great summer ahead, we certainly enjoyed our coastal cruise with you all.
    Also keen to see pics of how to ride a JetSki properly from your boys, so I can show the young Aussies how it’s done

Look wat came in the marina in Cagliari yesterday,
    This is “Alpa”, the boat from our King of Belgium;
    ALbert and PAola,
    https://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht_alpa.html,

It seems that the captain is following us ?
    He might have a crunch on swmbo or what ?

A few day’s before they were in Carloforte,

And last year, she followed us in Olbia

Referring back to the two nice boats in the first post of this threat,
    There is still hope ;-)

(pic 2 and 5 courtesy to MapisM)

Nice Posillipo Technema 90 for the King. Curious why he opted for a small bathing platform.

The King of Belgium likea shopping in South of Rome (Gaeta/Anzio etc) for his boats. He owned an Italcraft C51 Classic in 1987, a Rizzardi 45 Incredible at some recent time as well, then a Technema 80, then 85 and now this.

"He might have a crush on SWMBO"

He's only human Bart
    Last edited by AndieMac; 25-07-19 at 04:30.

Quote Originally Posted by AndieMac View Post
    I hope the entire BA crew have a great summer ahead, we certainly enjoyed our coastal cruise with you all.
    Also keen to see pics of how to ride a JetSki properly from your boys, so I can show the young Aussies how it’s done
    I didn’t get the jetski to run after your departure, I repaired some loose hoses and clips, but the battery was totally knackered.
    I ordered a new battery in the local nautical shop in Cagliari, and after the usual Italian delay, stress and swearing, she was delivered right in time for the arrival of our kids last Monday.

Here is one of our hooligans

This is our youngest, with the famous but decapitated swann in the front,
    In the background some might recognize a ex forum boat !

and this is our oldest son,
    Have a look at the nice ship in the background, many SL’s around here,

Here is one of the girls, our hilo platform is the ideal launch platform for the superjetski,
    Especially for learning to start / drive it.

Here is a short video (I hope this link works)
    showing our kids wakeboarding in a peculiar place (look until the end)

So, @Callum, the jetski is again in perfect working order. 

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast