Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Very exited lying between these two young lady’s

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Exactly, "Old looking". They need updating.
    A bold statement, if I've ever seen one.
    It's all well and good till you say that the transformers-inspired design of the SS116 does it for you, because you are right in saying that it's a matter of taste, after all.
    But along the same lines, you can't say that SL design "needs" updating, because the verb implies that it ain't a matter of taste anymore, and this is an evident self-contradiction.

Anyhow, basic logic aside, do you really think that it would have been difficult for SL to reinvent their style, if they wanted to?
    When they sell much more than SS in this segment and are busier with new builds, btw?
    Trying to look "newer" by mean of skin-deep differences is a very popular mistake of designers (in general, not just with boats), that very rarely withstands the test of time - if ever.
    PYB, who knows the market better than most of us, nailed it with his comment on the earlier 'Hattans vs. the same vintage SLs.
    Just look at the pic below and ask yourself, honestly: which of these two boats would you rather want to own TODAY, based on their external appearance alone?
    And regardless of aesthetic preferences, which one would you rather want to own, if you were trying to sell the thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eren View Post
    I generally like the SL style but if I would be paying such huge amounts for a boat, I would definetely demand one with larger hull windows. They are too small and old looking with the SLs.
    Have a look at this thing, then: no hull windows at all, and no hard top - heaven forbid!
    Yet, try to imagine looking at her in 10 years from now, when the SS116 would obviously look as yesteryear as the old 'Hattan 84 looks now.
    My bet is that you would think she's as much a thing of beauty as she was in 2014, when she was launched.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    A bold statement, if I've ever seen one.
    It's all well and good till you say that the transformers-inspired design of the SS116 does it for you, because you are right in saying that it's a matter of taste, after all.
    But along the same lines, you can't say that SL design "needs" updating, because the verb implies that it ain't a matter of taste anymore, and this is an evident self-contradiction.

Anyhow, basic logic aside, do you really think that it would have been difficult for SL to reinvent their style, if they wanted to?
    When they sell much more than SS in this segment and are busier with new builds, btw?
    Trying to look "newer" by mean of skin-deep differences is a very popular mistake of designers (in general, not just with boats), that very rarely withstands the test of time - if ever.
    PYB, who knows the market better than most of us, nailed it with his comment on the earlier 'Hattans vs. the same vintage SLs.
    Just look at the pic below and ask yourself, honestly: which of these two boats would you rather want to own TODAY, based on their external appearance alone?
    And regardless of aesthetic preferences, which one would you rather want to own, if you were trying to sell the thing?

BTW the SL 82 is a design from 1996 and is a further development of the 91 launched 80. So that design lasted over twenty years replaced in 2017 by the SL86.

The above photo also does more justice then it should to the Manhattan 84. I mean if you see it in the flesh it really does not work well, the super structure looking heavy on the hull.
    A problem with some late 90s early 2000s Sunseeker apparent in some models more to others.

It's replacement the 2005 82 Yacht worked much better IMO, which I think was one of Sunseeker best design's above 24 meters.

Have a look at this thing, then: no hull windows at all, and no hard top - heaven forbid!
    Yet, try to imagine looking at her in 10 years from now, when the SS116 would obviously look as yesteryear as the old 'Hattan 84 looks now.
    My bet is that you would think she's as much a thing of beauty as she was in 2014, when she was launched.
    Actually in ten years she would look even better if it’s electronics package on the radar arch reduces in size. At the moment it’s a bit of an eyesore on a very sleek vessel
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Exactly, "Old looking". They need updating.
    Car analogies rarely work, but that's a bit like saying that the latest 911 looks old because it doesn't look like a Lamborghini Huracan.

No prizes for guessing which you'd prefer!

That to me looks like an aircraft carrier lol. *exit stage left*

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Car analogies rarely work, but that's a bit like saying that the latest 911 looks old because it doesn't look like a Lamborghini Huracan.

No prizes for guessing which you'd prefer!
    Neither tbh. I like Alfa Romeos and Aston Martins.

Neither tbh. I like Alfa Romeos and Aston Martins.
    #speechless!

You can't like Alfas but not like San Lorenzos. Surely there must be some law preventing this?

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    #speechless!

You can't like Alfas but not like San Lorenzos. Surely there must be some law preventing this?
    You would think so lol. I never said I didn't like the SL, I said i would choose a SS or Prini over it but that is my own personal taste. I'm not a huge fan of the Prini either lol. *grabs coat*

That to me looks like an aircraft carrier
    I have a funny feeling that she feels like it as well: 30 feet longer, 100+ tons heavier, and MUCH faster.
    You might feel ashamed of your SS116, while watching her overtake you in the blink of an eye.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast