Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Tragic hat loss

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    220

    Default Tragic hat loss

    Attention Solent sailors. My beige SAN Francisco baseball cap leapt overboard today near Cowes. If you find it bobbing about please capture it and let me know.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Home: Kent. Boat: Chichester
    Posts
    43,614

    Default Re: Tragic hat loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
    Attention Solent sailors. My beige SAN Francisco baseball cap leapt overboard today near Cowes. If you find it bobbing about please capture it and let me know.
    Dont give up hope.

    Many years ago the person I used to crew for lost his cap overboard.

    Some time later he spotted it propped up behind the bar in his sailing club.

    ( I was with him both when he lost it and when he found it in the bar)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    454

    Default Re: Tragic hat loss

    Should have bought a Tilly

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Home: Kent. Boat: Chichester
    Posts
    43,614

    Default Re: Tragic hat loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Should have bought a Tilly
    He has lost it overboard... it's not been eaten by an elephant

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    454

    Default Re: Tragic hat loss

    Quote Originally Posted by VicS View Post
    He has lost it overboard... it's not been eaten by an elephant
    But being eaten by an elephant you do get it back....eventually.
    I think Tilly will even replace it if it is lost

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Home: Kent. Boat: Chichester
    Posts
    43,614

    Default Re: Tragic hat loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    But being eaten by an elephant you do get it back....eventually.
    I think Tilly will even replace it if it is lost
    For 50% of the price of a new one I believe but may only apply if insured or under warranty

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    1,315

    Default Re: Tragic hat loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
    Attention Solent sailors. My beige SAN Francisco baseball cap leapt overboard today near Cowes. If you find it bobbing about please capture it and let me know.
    A baseball cap? Surely mother nature has done you a favour.

    Heavens, soon people will start sailing in clothing that is different from the traditional white trousers, shirt, tie and blazer. What will become of society...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    A Member State of the European Union
    Posts
    6,387

    Default Re: Tragic hat loss

    Quote Originally Posted by langstonelayabout View Post
    A baseball cap? Surely mother nature has done you a favour.

    Heavens, soon people will start sailing in clothing that is different from the traditional white trousers, shirt, tie and blazer. What will become of society...
    I prefer a less formal attire:

    20181121-tonga_andoman_islander_conan_doyle_sherlock_holmes.jpg
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    2,174

    Default Re: Tragic hat loss

    What are you whinging about: they are only $16 on eBay

    s-l300.jpg

    I prefer less formal attire too ( like Erroll Flynn)

    71jf5j-FCwL._SX425_.jpg
    Last edited by coopec; 22-07-19 at 06:43.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Larkhall, South Lanarkshire
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: Tragic hat loss

    I like baseball caps so much that I refer to them as labotomy hats - either had one or waiting for one! Lol.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to