Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Conditions at locks.

After using caustic soda to clean lock walls and stairwells was banned, power washing was introduced with a lockie on a lock raft with a power washer using a river water feed. This was deemed unsafe later due to the potential inhalation of water-borne pathogens in the spray mist that is created.

Cleaning the handrails is a simple task but seems to have gone the way of much else that is neglected.

As for the h&s angle, I believe the Occupiers Liability Act places a duty of care on the EA to ensure that their sites are safe for visitors as well as the H&SaW act. The EA does spend a great deal of effort listing faults with the public safety risk assessments but often ignores the requirement to act.

If you take a tumble and survive, have your solicitor write to the EA to claim compensation for injury, etc and they'll probably give you a couple of thousand to go away.
    Last edited by Old Crusty; 30-07-19 at 13:34.
    When I was in the Navy ...

Thanks Old Crusty, I will put a note in my will to get some compensation for my family from EA when I drown.

It’s clearly far too risky, stay away from locks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12