Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Northern Mallorca: Where to stop on circumnavigation?

Hello all,

Iím out to the boat for a week on Thursday. The plan (weather permitting) is to do an anti-clockwise circumnavigation from Portals (via Cabrera). Whilst I know the west, east and south coasts really well, I donít know the north at all.

What is the collective wisdom on where to stop? Pollensa? What about Alcudia or is that package holiday hell?

Any beautiful calas we should visit whilst on the north coast before heading down the west coast to Soller, Deia and back home to Portals?

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Default Re: Northern Mallorca: Where to stop on circumnavigation?

Having stayed a couple of nights in Alcudia I wouldn’t recommend it.

Your options are

- Alcudia
    - Pollenca
    - In the south of the bay of Pollenca there are 2 small harbours. I have stopped at one. Nothing good nothing bad.
    - the bouys outside the Formentor hotel are good
    - Cala Morro Del Pont is Ok but can have a lot of wash
    - Cala Solana was nice
    - Cala Sa t Vicenti is beautiful but dont stay over night

Brilliant thanks! Do you know how I reserve one of those buoys outside Formentor?

I donít think you can. I just turn up and have never had an issue. Last year it was deserted in July and they didnít collect the money which is a first !

And as you go round if the weather is settled try and spend the night at Collobra just north of Soller.

If it is not settled I would not stay out on that coast. There is no where to go and Soller will be full in poor weather.

Yes we were thinking of spending a night at either Sa Calobra or maybe Cala Tuent (which looks proper gorgeous from the photos) on the way down the west coast. We've been to Sa Calobra a couple of times before, hence thinking maybe give Cala Tuent a go and also avoid the astronomical berthing fee in Marina Tramontana in Soller....Have you been to Cala Tuent?

Thanks for the info re the buoys outside Formentor. Suspect we'll either do that, or have a night in the marina in Pollenca.

2 weeks ago I tried to book Pollenca but was full, someone told me they were doing some work on the visitors quay, so stayed Alcudia, not overly impressed. Agree with J, Cala Vincence & Sa Colobra are excellent day anchorages, but prefer overnight in Soller (as does everyone else, hence can be packed), Cala Tuent was very exposed & when we visited was disappointingly full of rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by SammyB View Post
    Having stayed a couple of nights in Alcudia I wouldn’t recommend it.
    Hi, in Alcudia but ashore. I'm loving the place. Why wouldn't you recommend it ?

It’s all down to personal taste but we thought it was a bit bucket and spade with limited good restaurants within walking distance of the Marina. Also of the 8 Marinas we have been in over the last 2 months Alcudia definitely comes last!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast