Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Marina dock by night

Tonight, while coming back onboard after a late dinner, I spotted a rather impressive landscape.
    Well, not so impressive by Cannes standards maybe, but remarkable for a small village in a small island of an island...
    Just to give an idea of the proportions, the first boat on the right is a not too shabby Maiora 27!

Default Re: Marina dock by night

Nice pic indeed P, was it taken from further along the break-water/arm section where E has his Portofino? Trying to work the angles out. Some big chunks of floating realestate there

Is Bart back in yet, or still in transit?

Quote Originally Posted by AndieMac View Post
    was it taken from further along the break-water/arm section where E has his Portofino?
    Exactly. As you might remember, further down that break-water section there's a floating pontoon, which is right in front of (and parallel to) the main dock.
    And yep, another eminent Belgian family just arrived in CF, onboard BA.
    We are getting used to that after the visit of AlPa, you know...

I can only imagine the howls of laughter over the phone if I were to ring up and ask for a berth for a 11.4m wooden boat! Probably put me where everyone else parks their tender.
    Nice pic. Incidentally Summer Wine returns to the water today after having winter maintenance including a stunning replacement of the finish on the coamings. All ready for your next visit.

Hmm, so your berth would be to the right of this pic, right?

Impressive line-up indeed. Looks to have been a pretty calm night.

Please say hi to B & E for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer. Wine View Post
    I can only imagine the howls of laughter over the phone if I were to ring up and ask for a berth for a 11.4m wooden boat! Probably put me where everyone else parks their tender.
    Nice pic. Incidentally Summer Wine returns to the water today after having winter maintenance including a stunning replacement of the finish on the coamings. All ready for your next visit.
    Not at all D, this island has plenty of similar sized wooden boats, but the quay pictured is for the big stuff.
    This place definitely needs to be on your bucket list as a destination though!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer. Wine View Post
    I can only imagine the howls of laughter over the phone if I were to ring up and ask for a berth for a 11.4m wooden boat!
    Probably put me where everyone else parks their tender.
    Naah, your fine vessel would be welcome anytime, D.
    Btw, while it would always be a pleasure for us to catch up again down under, you know it's your turn to come to this neck of the woods.
    Of course it's a long and boring trip, but if Aussies can tackle it (AndieMac), Kiwis can't back down!

PS: ref. SW, why don't you post some pics of those new coamings? I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in finding them interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Exactly. As you might remember, further down that break-water section there's a floating pontoon, which is right in front of (and parallel to) the main dock.
    And yep, another eminent Belgian family just arrived in CF, onboard BA.
    We are getting used to that after the visit of AlPa, you know...
    I forwarded the pic to the boys, they were really impressed by the quality image, but then really annoyed at being reminded what they are missing out on

Quote Originally Posted by scubaman View Post
    Hmm, so your berth would be to the right of this pic, right?
    Not now, actually.
    I mean, yes, last winter we were moored in that area - exactly where the Maiora 27 is in the previous pic.
    But our "summer berth" is now along a floating dock, outside the pic on the left side, and perpendicular to the main dock.
    We like it better because, on top of being a bit quieter, allows us to deploy the manual passerelle between the swim platform and the dock, which allows a much more convenient passage also for some of our friends who are old enough to appreciate not having to make any steps up and down...
    ...Something that we also like TBH, particularly after some CF style dinner!

Great photo - I hadnít realised that it was a haven for big hitters !

I look forward to visiting (as a little hitter) in a week or so
    Last edited by terranova; 26-07-19 at 17:49.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast