Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hull inspection

Default Re: Hull inspection

Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    russ have you looked at the cranchi smerelda 37 ,one for sale in hampshire with warranty on engines
    I have one. A cracking boat imho. Nothing is perfect and if I were to have to badmouth I'd say that the teak on the platform is ply teak rather than the real deal. My boat is 2003 and I'll probably change it next year. Still, 18 years ain't bad... No doubt the previous owner powerwashed it.

I also looked at an s38 at the time, but I my h preferred the Smeraldo 37

russ have you looked at the cranchi smerelda 37 ,one for sale in hampshire with warranty on engines
    Just had a look this is 1999 pre facelift. Older interior, kad44 as opposed to kad300 and questionable cockpit upholstery.

Kad300 gets me 34knots fully loaded

Had a look and it looks nice..... Not sure about the Orange though I wonder if it was associated with Easy Jet

3 Months warranty is ok but not very long in my opinion
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Had a look and it looks nice..... Not sure about the Orange though I wonder if it was associated with Easy Jet

3 Months warranty is ok but not very long in my opinion
    Does it have a warranty because it is a stock boat? If so three months warranty is typically offered but that isn’t the full story. I think you might find that in the event of a problem during the first six months the dealer has to prove that the fault wasn’t there at the time of sale - after six months the buyer has to prove it was. This doesn’t apply to private sales.

Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    Just had a look this is 1999 pre facelift. Older interior, kad44 as opposed to kad300 and questionable cockpit upholstery.

Kad300 gets me 34knots fully loaded
    OP may not want to travel too Ireland to view but this one looks nice and it says its a freshwater boat on KAD300's:

https://www.apolloduck.eu/boat/cranc...meraldo/578867

Edit: expect high hours at low speed, where this boat is located there are some lake areas to stretch her legs but not for long. I would expect she spends large amounts of time at disp. speeds - although looking at it there are ony 400 engine hours.
    Last edited by Ferris; 31-07-19 at 10:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    OP may not want to travel too Ireland to view but this one looks nice and it says its a freshwater boat on KAD300's:

Edit: expect high hours at low speed, where this boat is located there are some lake areas to stretch her legs but not for long. I would expect she spends large amounts of time at disp. speeds - although looking a certainly mo re t it there are ony 400 engine hours.
    +1 much much better layout than the Targa 34

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post

Edit: expect high hours at low speed, where this boat is located there are some lake areas to stretch her legs but not for long. I would expect she spends large amounts of time at disp. speeds - although looking at it there are ony 400 engine hours.
    That’s looks a very genuine boat....in a shed every winter too

Quote Originally Posted by FARSCO View Post
    That’s looks a very genuine boat....in a shed every winter too
    Teak looks a bit manky but otherwise looks like a very nice boat for £75k.

She does look a really nice boat. Just shows that there are boats available at a sensible price and condition.
    Shame its in Ireland otherwise worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    She does look a really nice boat. Just shows that there are boats available at a sensible price and condition.
    Shame its in Ireland otherwise worth a look.
    If you're going to be uber-picky about the boat you're going to buy (and there's nothing wrong with being uber-picky) then you're going to have to make some effort to find that boat. Travelling to Ireland isn't that much of a big deal. You could ask the vendor for a video first, and sight of the relevant paperwork, all before actually booking the flights.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast