Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Hull inspection

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Éire
    Posts
    3,584

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    russ have you looked at the cranchi smerelda 37 ,one for sale in hampshire with warranty on engines
    I have one. A cracking boat imho. Nothing is perfect and if I were to have to badmouth I'd say that the teak on the platform is ply teak rather than the real deal. My boat is 2003 and I'll probably change it next year. Still, 18 years ain't bad... No doubt the previous owner powerwashed it.

    I also looked at an s38 at the time, but I my h preferred the Smeraldo 37

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Éire
    Posts
    3,584

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    russ have you looked at the cranchi smerelda 37 ,one for sale in hampshire with warranty on engines
    Just had a look this is 1999 pre facelift. Older interior, kad44 as opposed to kad300 and questionable cockpit upholstery.

    Kad300 gets me 34knots fully loaded

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    russ have you looked at the cranchi smerelda 37 ,one for sale in hampshire with warranty on engines
    Had a look and it looks nice..... Not sure about the Orange though I wonder if it was associated with Easy Jet

    3 Months warranty is ok but not very long in my opinion
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Had a look and it looks nice..... Not sure about the Orange though I wonder if it was associated with Easy Jet

    3 Months warranty is ok but not very long in my opinion
    Does it have a warranty because it is a stock boat? If so three months warranty is typically offered but that isn’t the full story. I think you might find that in the event of a problem during the first six months the dealer has to prove that the fault wasn’t there at the time of sale - after six months the buyer has to prove it was. This doesn’t apply to private sales.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    Just had a look this is 1999 pre facelift. Older interior, kad44 as opposed to kad300 and questionable cockpit upholstery.

    Kad300 gets me 34knots fully loaded
    OP may not want to travel too Ireland to view but this one looks nice and it says its a freshwater boat on KAD300's:

    https://www.apolloduck.eu/boat/cranc...meraldo/578867

    Edit: expect high hours at low speed, where this boat is located there are some lake areas to stretch her legs but not for long. I would expect she spends large amounts of time at disp. speeds - although looking at it there are ony 400 engine hours.
    Last edited by Ferris; 31-07-19 at 10:41.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    fareham hampshire
    Posts
    1,723

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    OP may not want to travel too Ireland to view but this one looks nice and it says its a freshwater boat on KAD300's:

    https://www.apolloduck.eu/boat/cranc...meraldo/578867

    Edit: expect high hours at low speed, where this boat is located there are some lake areas to stretch her legs but not for long. I would expect she spends large amounts of time at disp. speeds - although looking a certainly mo re t it there are ony 400 engine hours.
    +1 much much better layout than the Targa 34

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    2,104

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    OP may not want to travel too Ireland to view but this one looks nice and it says its a freshwater boat on KAD300's:

    https://www.apolloduck.eu/boat/cranc...meraldo/578867

    Edit: expect high hours at low speed, where this boat is located there are some lake areas to stretch her legs but not for long. I would expect she spends large amounts of time at disp. speeds - although looking at it there are ony 400 engine hours.
    That’s looks a very genuine boat....in a shed every winter too

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    ation, Loc: ation, Loc: ation.
    Posts
    16,501

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    Quote Originally Posted by FARSCO View Post
    That’s looks a very genuine boat....in a shed every winter too
    Teak looks a bit manky but otherwise looks like a very nice boat for £75k.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North East Hampshire
    Posts
    615

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    She does look a really nice boat. Just shows that there are boats available at a sensible price and condition.
    Shame its in Ireland otherwise worth a look.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brighton/Antibes
    Posts
    8,659

    Default Re: Hull inspection

    Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    She does look a really nice boat. Just shows that there are boats available at a sensible price and condition.
    Shame its in Ireland otherwise worth a look.
    If you're going to be uber-picky about the boat you're going to buy (and there's nothing wrong with being uber-picky) then you're going to have to make some effort to find that boat. Travelling to Ireland isn't that much of a big deal. You could ask the vendor for a video first, and sight of the relevant paperwork, all before actually booking the flights.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to