Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hull inspection

Default Re: Hull3 inspection

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    If you're going to be uber-picky about the boat you're going to buy (and there's nothing wrong with being uber-picky) then you're going to have to make some effort to find that boat. Travelling to Ireland isn't that much of a big deal. You could ask the vendor for a video first, and sight of the relevant paperwork, all before actually booking the flights.
    I do wish OP all the best on getting on the water again but it seems to me he is looking for a well underpriced boat, which of course can also be termed "fair value".
    I do recall being politely told in response to my question as to why I can't buy this boat-
    Well, you are not paying enough-
    So, I paid enough and went boating.
    Each to his own, and some are happy to spend a couple of years on that rare bargain...possible bargain...but there are always going to be on going costs. If you want to enjoy your boating then IMHO these absolutely have to be in your comfort zone.
    In my calcs, the price is not really THAT key over the total costs ,say,over the best 5 years.What..a few pct? If you can't afford a few pct, I think you are in a major danger zone.
    I genuinely don't get this fixation on buying price. Hell, it's alot worse from here on, anyway.
    Just tagged onto your comment JTB...

Default Re: Hull inspection

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    Shame its in Ireland otherwise worth a look.
    That boat has been for sale for a good while. Presuming there’s no issue with it I would say it’s in the wrong place to sell. The upside of all this is at least you’re unlikely to be gazumped like before. Getting there is a flight to Dublin and a 2hr drive. Lift outs for a survey would be cheap compared to the UK south coast, 200eur would cover it I’d say. Also where it is is a lovely place, you could have a nice weekend to boot.

Trucking it to the UK is going to cost obviously but it’s doable. I’d say there’s a good chance of a return trip considering where it is.

Russ there are that many s34 for sale, there must be a good one ,out there or are not really looking

Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    Russ there are that many s34 for sale, there must be a good one ,out there or are not really looking
    Only 9 in the UK being advertised of which 5 are sold.
    Two I have already looked at. Not interested in one with mercruiser diesels. Other in north Wales but haven’t the time to travel up there just yet.
    Maybe a few will turn up after the boat show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    OP may not want to travel too Ireland to view but this one looks nice and it says its a freshwater boat on KAD300's:

https://www.apolloduck.eu/boat/cranc...meraldo/578867

Edit: expect high hours at low speed, where this boat is located there are some lake areas to stretch her legs but not for long. I would expect she spends large amounts of time at disp. speeds - although looking at it there are ony 400 engine hours.
    I own same model boat.

Happy to view it for the OP if they PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    I own same model boat.

Happy to view it for the OP if they PM me.
    There you go Russ! No one better to view a boat than a chap that owns one

Truck to Bangor, Northern Ireland.

Bangor to Peel, Isle of Man....45 miles

Peel to Whitehaven, Cumbria.... 45 miles

Truck from there to where ever!

Cranchi isn’t to my taste but that is a well equipped boat in reasonable order. As already said buying in Ireland is no biggie - brought a boat across from Co Antrim in one go to Whitehaven (no need to stop at the IOM if you don’t want to) and onward transport.The cost to transport all the way isn’t too bad - done that as well (both with work). Exchange rate is rubbish at the moment but even at current levels that looks to be reasonable value.

On the point about chasing that ‘good deal’ we have done that over the years but the market is different now so we probably paid a little too much for our current boat but we have been on the water for a year now

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    Cranchi isn’t to my taste but that is a well equipped boat in reasonable order. As already said buying in Ireland is no biggie - brought a boat across from Co Antrim in one go to Whitehaven (no need to stop at the IOM if you don’t want to) and onward transport.The cost to transport all the way isn’t too bad - done that as well (both with work). Exchange rate is rubbish at the moment but even at current levels that looks to be reasonable value.

On the point about chasing that ‘good deal’ we have done that over the years but the market is different now so we probably paid a little too much for our current boat but we have been on the water for a year now
    And why would you not want to stop at the IOM

To give an idea, transport for a 38ft boat from Essex to Whitehaven was £1800...with the truck returning empty. A back load type arrangement would be cheaper no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    Only 9 in the UK being advertised of which 5 are sold.
    Two I have already looked at. Not interested in one with mercruiser diesels. Other in north Wales but havenít the time to travel up there just yet.
    Maybe a few will turn up after the boat show.
    Isn't a Mercruiser diesel the same base engine as the Cummins 4BT or 6BT, If so I would re-think discounting them.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

Quote Originally Posted by superheat6k View Post
    Isn't a Mercruiser diesel the same base engine as the Cummins 4BT or 6BT, If so I would re-think discounting them.
    It's a VM diesel.
    I understand on the plane they use more fuel than a Volvo.
    But they can't be too bad if they are still in the boat.
    Merc diesel engined sealines usually sell for less money which may suit Russ ?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast