Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Project OBD!!!!!!! ( Norman 32 refurb )

What a cracking and very tiring weekend we had. Myself and my brother who came down to give me a hand got the boat from Hyde in Piccadilly Manchester ( 8 hr trip ) to Boothstown ( 5hr trip ) where we have left it for a week ready for the next run to Parbold. Weather wasnt to bad, first day was a bit moist but that busy with the bloomin locks i didnt notice much.

It was interesting to visit Manchester from a different view point. I have been driving for years all over Manchester and it look so different from the canal. Bit rough, well very rough in areas and all kinds of `things` going on, morso under the city near Canal Street.

Some of the locks in Manchester were flooded really bad and taken a good time to empty them. We got he first 19 done from Hyde to Piccadilly in the first day then Sunday got from Piccadilly to Boothstown in good time.

It didnt start of to well as when as when we did the prep of the Friday night the engine would not start at all and in the end found it to be air in the fuel lines,and what a pig it is to get out. In the end we came back Saturday with a primer bulb to see if we can help push fuel through which did the trick while cracking the injectors a few times.

The engine lift pump has failed i think and not a bad thing as i would like to fit an electric lift/fuel pump.

So good weekend to get half way under the circumstances to the Ribble Link which is tidal, we are booked in for the 14th September to get to the Lancaster canal, around a 3hr trip give or take. The 6hrs to the mooring near my other boat.

This was a quick blast to see ho it goes full wack. I feel happy as it will cope with ease on the Ribble

https://youtu.be/ph_q-3J_8rQ

I chained up the leg to give better draught which all went well and level the leg more, i need to sort the pin out yet though as the leg kicks up when in reverse.

A few very close bridges, infact my brother was sure the canopy would be ok up to keep us dry from he rain on the first day. That did not last long.

And a few locks had a little seepage lol.

Just scenic pic`s

Last edited by waynes world; 13-08-19 at 02:44.

Brilliant! Really looking forward to this one.

I could fit this in the last message so here is the quick blast

Hey Wayne. I'm totally on board and looking forward to seeing her reborn. I have a friend who gave a similar boat a makeover but cut away the rear cabin for extra deck space. Used mostly for fishing. Hope it all goes well without too many nasty surprises!

Quote Originally Posted by sogood View Post
    Hey Wayne. I'm totally on board and looking forward to seeing her reborn. I have a friend who gave a similar boat a makeover but cut away the rear cabin for extra deck space. Used mostly for fishing. Hope it all goes well without too many nasty surprises!
    Ay up kida, how is it over the weee pond. I was tempted to extend the rear cabin but i am going to keep this simple and just rebuild it a sis. But for hardtops for the decks. I like the idea of though, this one is not much cop though for sea use.

Now a few folk have asked if i have a Youtube channel, i dont as it is but i do fancy having a go at it after much thought today. i think it mite better than a blog as more detail can be shown and spoke about. If you can tell what i am saying that is lol.

Would folk be interested in it being followed this way or the way i did the last blog with text and pics?

Much prefer it here..I rarely visit YouTube.

Why not do both, if you can find the time? You could do a simplified post here, with links to your YouTube blog. Just a thought.

Better here with you tube links I think
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Better here with you tube links I think
    +1

very much looking forward to it W!

cheers

V.

I was looking into the You Tube lark last night, well that took most of the night to work out how to do it properly and still cant get mt head around it. I will read more on how its done properly but as some might know i am no tech whizz.

Still if i do it then i will put a blog on here and link to the videos on you tube as with the recent ones i did.

And yes it looks like it will take some time up doing the you tube channel properly. Dont have much as it is.

So need a breaky and get rid of this vodka head i have a nd off to crack on with the next leg of the trip to Wigan from Boothstown. OOoooo joys its peeeing it down all day from what forecast says. Good chippy on route though if its still there. Not been in that neck of the woods for some years now. A proper English chippy it is/was.

Tara for now

Admiral Faffer

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast