Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Project OBD!!!!!!! ( Norman 32 refurb )

A chippy opened in our port this summer. It wasn’t bad either, but I think we were the only customers, not just on that day but ever. I’ve never seen it open since. Pity
    As for YouTube? What do I know? It’s possible that it could be an income stream, keep the accent, you could become YouTube’s Geoff Boycott. A professional Yorkshireman, guided tours of the dales etc. You never know
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Love the comment on one of the videos as you go into the forward cabin - ‘Needs a bit of work’

I admire your capacity for taking on what most would dismiss without much thought and going on to turn it into something quite special. I am looking forward to watching this project develop.

I can see a TV series coming next!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    A chippy opened in our port this summer. It wasn’t bad either, but I think we were the only customers, not just on that day but ever. I’ve never seen it open since. Pity
    As for YouTube? What do I know? It’s possible that it could be an income stream, keep the accent, you could become YouTube’s Geoff Boycott. A professional Yorkshireman, guided tours of the dales etc. You never know
    Well chippy was shut so went into Leigh for another, not bad, and chips butty with gravy and a sausage while cruising cant beat it.

Now then, my accent, i hate it, as never heard myself since now. And OMG i sound an even bigger plonker.

As for me having a Yorkshireman accent....your not the first to say that, i have never lived there just been through it a few times, well maybe i did live there now to think of it for 6 months about 20 years ago. I am from Lancashire though, got about a bit aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    Love the comment on one of the videos as you go into the forward cabin - ‘Needs a bit of work’

I admire your capacity for taking on what most would dismiss without much thought and going on to turn it into something quite special. I am looking forward to watching this project develop.
    I am going for the minimalist look , just paint and a chair will be reat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrs View Post
    I can see a TV series coming next!
    Nah not for me, i had been shown interest with the last build and want interested, not that kinda of person, not just that i cant bloody even speak properly lol. Get my words mixed up nowadays.

Ok

got home about an hour ago from the short 4hr trip to Wigan from Boothstown. Near uneventful but for a builders sack rammed around the prop which was not easy to remove from the leg, bad enough with an outboard. near went in again but hey ho, all part of the fun

Coolant water doesnt seem to coming out of the exhaust now, but runs fine still. A lot of steam then water pumps a little. have been going half throttle though.

I want to get as far north now as possible tomorrow then i can leave it for a few weeks until the 14th September for the Ribble link. We have my brothers lad with us, he is a good un but meithers a lot, good at the helm to give me a break though and 8hrs is a long trip for him tomorrow if we do it.

lets see how it goes. Need my weekend on Khashoggi next weekend to chill now

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    I am from Lancashire though,
    Are you sure? My wife was translating for me when I listened to your video (she’s from up north). Usually I’m good with Lancastrian (I lived there from the age of two to three). I watch Corrie, I remember Albert Tatlock.

One question I have, how did a running working boat end up in that state? Was it an unfinished project (stripped then left) or was the engine rebuilt first? Usually a running boat looks half decent but deteriorates quickly once the engine fails. Yours looks like it’s been stripped, inside and out, ready for a refit.

Anyhow I take back what I said, you could be a professional Lancastrian, there hasn’t been one since Gracie Fields. Accents are celebrated now
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    Are you sure? My wife was translating for me when I listened to your video (she’s from up north). Usually I’m good with Lancastrian (I lived there from the age of two to three). I watch Corrie, I remember Albert Tatlock.

One question I have, how did a running working boat end up in that state? Was it an unfinished project (stripped then left) or was the engine rebuilt first? Usually a running boat looks half decent but deteriorates quickly once the engine fails. Yours looks like it’s been stripped, inside and out, ready for a refit.

Anyhow I take back what I said, you could be a professional Lancastrian, there hasn’t been one since Gracie Fields. Accents are celebrated now
    tell the truth i dont have a clue, but born in Rochdale and lived there for 25 years, in North Wales 6 months,, Bridlington 6 months. Now Manchester for 15 odd years. I did watch Last of the summer wine a lot.

The Norman, all i know is it was fitted out, sank and down for a month or so and the bloke i bought it off risen it and ripped it out and i got it. He did four oil changes of the engine and put a new starter motor on it and refurbed the injector pump ( not that i believe that )

All i know, i never ask much with these things as i dont believe folk when they are trying to sell me something. If i am happy with the price i am paying etc etc i have it.

What a disaster today has been up to now.

Got to me Pete ( The Biscuits ) this morning, the look out last night for OBD, chasing of scrotes from nicking my lady Cider i left on board.

Good to meet you kida.

So the disaster, we set off but after maybe half hour we ran out of diesel again, very unexpected as i put 5l in yesterday afternoon.

So stuck now with the boat opposite the stadium. i dragged it back to an access road as the batteries after an hour trying to bleed the lines and now they are dead, so i walked back to the car got it and now home charging them up for a second go later on.

Plan now, get back and if we can start it up fine and might crack on to Lathom junction maybe 4hrs away or Crooke Marina. which is 1.5hrs away.

If it doesnt fire up then we are taking the Zodiac and going to moor the boat off side with no access from public and use the Zodiac to get to tow path.

Happy days, luving it large

PS

i am holding off the crane still lol.

wouldn't it be best to have a 20lt plastic can (translucent preferably) with diesel, and the two pipes (suck and return) going into it?
    this way, once you're over for the day, you take the can back home with the car fill it up and bring it for the next leg.
    God knows what's on your tanks W. (unless I've missed something...)
    My mate with a P45, had a whole 10day trip around the local isles with fuel going through and back to a couple of 60lt tanks that he secured between the engines as he couldn't clean the 1.5 ton tanks in time for his August vacation...

good luck

V.

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    wouldn't it be best to have a 20lt plastic can (translucent preferably) with diesel, and the two pipes (suck and return) going into it?
    this way, once you're over for the day, you take the can back home with the car fill it up and bring it for the next leg.
    God knows what's on your tanks W. (unless I've missed something...)
    My mate with a P45, had a whole 10day trip around the local isles with fuel going through and back to a couple of 60lt tanks that he secured between the engines as he couldn't clean the 1.5 ton tanks in time for his August vacation...

good luck

V.
    Hi V

I am using a 20l gerry and top it up from th 5l gerrys, i guess it would be easier and safer now to use a transparent one. What got me off guard was that i did a 8hr trip on 7l and the trip after i added the 5l to maybe 2l and ran out in maybe 3hrs. So atleast 6l.

Anyway`s

Thanks to Longjohnsilver

At the minute the leg has a vibration now on mid range revs. This has made a concern now as to get it lifted to the Lancaster some 30 miles away No big deal or bother but i need to make sure the leg does not get more damaged than it is. I cant see any rubbish around the prop but then the leg will not lift enough to check it fully.

Oh yes and i used the dinghy as when i left it opposite the night before the scrotes that was found on the boat by Pete i mentioned before, a blog follower i unknowingly moored next to, found they had tried to remove the stove.

I have left it on the off side so nobody has access to the boat now. Unless they have a boat.
    Last edited by waynes world; 19-08-19 at 18:23.

Is it staying inflated?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast