Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Default Re: Project OBD!!!!!!! ( Norman 32 refurb )

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    Is it staying inflated?
    After we inflated it, about 30 mins, before i set off back to the mooring i jumped in with few small toll boxes i was near half way to the pontoon and it was like......when you have a lilo on the beach and its folding in half lol.

I was lets say paddling like a demented duck lol.

Although i forgot the small black adaptor so could full inflate it.

was fun

Ok where are we with the Norman, as i have a spare hour or so from bloody block paving, the house that is not the boat, and totally knackered i will give a late update. I say late as we have been busy cruising Khashoggi and getting the Norman to its home mooring as you will see.

We ended up at Wigan Pier where i had decided on going the rest of the way by road transport. This was due to a vibration from the prop/drive when the revs get up to maybe 1500rpm, so not good to do the Ribble Link. Dont want to damage it more than it is.

I called around local Hiab companies to see who will take the job on, After calling around a good few they were coming back at between £450-£500 for the 30 mile trip. Average i reckon from the last move si have done but then found a place that does it by the hour.....ooooeeeerrr, not one of them places

So i worked it on 4hr job and at £55ph its not bad at all.I have all details to the woman on the phone and all good to go.

Well the day began with us being up at 5am as i used the works van to get my cradles to the boat the day before so i had to drop the van off Tuesday before 6am as i have the week off work.Oh well no biggie as we then set off to the Norman to get it ready for the lift. Thing is we hadnt been given an Am or PM time for the lift. We Had a half hour cruise to the lift spot, so dinghy again to get the boat over to the towpath side, move the car to lift spot then walk back to cruise the boat up.

Well all going well and on time but for me loosing the Anti vandal vandal key for the locks, but as lucky and unlucky as i am i found that i had left my socket set on the boat and in my tool bag had a spare screw bit adaptor. I knocked that into the 10mm head end and the 1/4 drive socket fits the the Anti vandal key

So happy days we set off, two locks and got there about 8am to the lift site, only to find the crane driver wont be there until 12am, oh well off to Mc D`s

He arrived dead on 12m and when i started to chat to him he didnt have a clue hoe to lift a boat as never done one before :doh:

Some folk would of thought WTF, but nah crack on and he asked me how to go about it, so i did all the lifting but for manouvering the crane. I should of got discount lol.

Video of the lift

Intake clogged up

Hull, not bad to see the state of the rest of the boat.

Now the thing that was giving it the wobble.

It took some getting out, infact i had to cut it as short as possible. I have collected all sorts in the past in the prop but never a large inner tube

Think i will make a new rudder like i did with Khashoggi

And lifted back in at Garstang Marina

As said, a half hour cruise home just a few moorings up from Khashoggi Just need to prep the mooring, shed and wot not.

Plan is now to get it water tight from top down, being replace all windows and rear cabin door to be made, either wood or GRP not decided yet on that. Then the cockpit roof to be made wit canvas sides. And go from there.

seeing what you done to the last boat , this should turn out a cracker . well done

Quote Originally Posted by jimmcgee View Post
    seeing what you done to the last boat , this should turn out a cracker . well done
    I hope so, even better i hope

Got a few good pics of Khashoggi this weekend when we moored up OBD

Hi - I'm a little late to the party - but this looks awesome..

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    Now a few folk have asked if i have a Youtube channel, i dont as it is but i do fancy having a go at it after much thought today. i think it mite better than a blog as more detail can be shown and spoke about. If you can tell what i am saying that is lol. Would folk be interested in it being followed this way or the way i did the last blog with text and pics?
    re: Youtube... here is an example what someone else done (all be it on a car):
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5MTQg1qjtxA_nq .

From memory I think in the Q&A session they said it makes everything take about 3x longer. Then there is the editing to be done in the evenings. I think it was this Q&A session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZr7...&index=23&t=0s

I thing the end result is pretty amazing and gives an insight into the overhead of doing it via a youtube channel.

GL with it Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyWoo View Post
    Hi - I'm a little late to the party - but this looks awesome..

re: Youtube... here is an example what someone else done (all be it on a car):
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5MTQg1qjtxA_nq .

From memory I think in the Q&A session they said it makes everything take about 3x longer. Then there is the editing to be done in the evenings. I think it was this Q&A session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZr7...&index=23&t=0s

I thing the end result is pretty amazing and gives an insight into the overhead of doing it via a youtube channel.

GL with it Wayne
    I have decided not to do a YouTube channel, i dont have the time, it takes me long enough to do a blog, not much good with tech stuff and trying to work t out does my head in.

It took 5hrs do download the two vids i made to YouTube and dont understand how to speed it up. looked but nah.

well done W,

one q though,
    how safe is that place you're going to keep the boat while working on it?
    doesn't look that well protected from anyone thinking of nicking bits, tools, whatnot...

V.

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    I have decided not to do a YouTube channel
    very wise - i think its much more effort than it looks

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    well done W,

one q though,
    how safe is that place you're going to keep the boat while working on it?
    doesn't look that well protected from anyone thinking of nicking bits, tools, whatnot...

V.
    It is an off side field mooring and no public access, not that that matter to low life hey. The main tools etc i have a trailer for to fetch it all up, the genny will be bolted down in the shed though, unless i decide to keep that in the trailer aswell. Nothing is decided yet a you know i go with the flow

Hey Wayne,
    Good to see that you're making progress. It's all part of the bigger picture. I agree that if you want to work on the boat, then a YouTube blog would be a real labour of love. It's too easy to start, when things are relatively quiet, and then the time just isn't there when you get busy. Concentrate on the blog here on the forum as it's manageable and tells us all we need to know. Best of luck with it as you carry on.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast