Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Passport Escales

Do you have to be a customer of a marina to be able to gain a passport escale or can you buy one out right?
    I know you can buy the Morbihan one but that stops I think at lotient where anything north isnít in the scheme.

Default Re: Passport Escales

You have to be a berth-holder in a participating marina.

You then have to tell then when you are leaving and when you expect to return in order to use the passport at other marinas.

I was a member of the scheme in the early days and the information given implied 5 nights in EACH of the listed locations.

It was in fact just 5 nights total and from memory I even had to pay to be a member of the scheme despite being a berth holder.

Things may have since been clarified, even changed, as I wasnít alone in my interpretation.

You can buy the Morbihan one without being a bertholder in another marina

Quote Originally Posted by XDC View Post
    I was a member of the scheme in the early days and the information given implied 5 nights in EACH of the listed locations.

It was in fact just 5 nights total and from memory I even had to pay to be a member of the scheme despite being a berth holder.

Things may have since been clarified, even changed, as I wasn’t alone in my interpretation.
    It's a maximum of 2 nights in any location, but there is no limit to how many places you can visit and how many nights in total, so long as you have registered that number of nights for your berth being free for others to use.

The cost of the card is 20 Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobc View Post
    It's a maximum of 2 nights in any location, but there is no limit to how many places you can visit and how many nights in total, so long as you have registered that number of nights for your berth being free for others to use..
    Bob, I really think that’s wrong and was part of the early confusion.

What you’re saying in the extreme is that if there were 182 ports in the scheme and you were prepared to move every 2 days you would get (in my case) over £€7000 worth of benefits.

Really think it’s limited to 5-10 days away IN TOTAL.

Quote Originally Posted by XDC View Post
    Bob, I really think that’s wrong and was part of the early confusion.

What you’re saying in the extreme is that if there were 182 ports in the scheme and you were prepared to move every 2 days you would get (in my case) over £€7000 worth of benefits.

Really think it’s limited to 5-10 days away IN TOTAL.
    I have the current version from La Rochelle and we get 7 days total but it depends upn the local contract that your marina offers. Some are much more generous, especially the dry sail options where your boat is stored ashore and launched when you want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toutvabien View Post
    I have the current version from La Rochelle and we get 7 days total but it depends upn the local contract that your marina offers. Some are much more generous, especially the dry sail options where your boat is stored ashore and launched when you want to use it.
    I understand that and agree with it.

We had 5 nights in total, a friend who used to help the harbour master with electrical problems was given 10 but that’s the TOTAL nights in a year, not what Bob is saying.

I think

Thanks chaps, I've clearly miss-understood it. Which is a good thing as I was thinking of signing-up with a marina in the scheme in order to then go cruising around Brittany next year... which clearly isn't going to work.

I have the card, my boat lives in Port Haliguen, the card gives you as standard 5 nights max per year in each of most of the partner marinas, but only 2 nights per visit.

You also can't leave after 2 nights and come straight back for 2 more.

Exceptions are the following, which give 2 nights per year only:
    ARRADON, ARZAL CAMOEL, ETEL, FOLLEUX, LA ROCHE-BERNARD, LA TRINITE-SUR-MER, LOCMIQUELIC, PORT BLANC/ILE AUX MOINES, PORT DU CROUESTY
    SAINT GOUSTAN and VANNES

As stated above, you book out using the App and when you reach your next destination the marina office knows you're entitled to your free nights, there's a record on your account - as below

Passeport.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast