Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Head sail pole kits

OP doesn't say what sized pole he wants or for what sized boat. You can go a long pole which needs to be strong so heavy for forcing a jib clew right out to extremes. A spinnaker pole will do this but may still be too long. A shorter pole will just hold the clew out a little way to tame the jib when running or even used on the lee side when reaching. The shorter pole can be a lol lighter with less strength.
    Now I would suggest OP decide what kind of end fittings he wants. (The expensive part.) He needs to decide what he is going to brace the pole onto. the ring on the mast or somewhere on deck or cabin top on either side. Once you have fittings then go for a suitable pole of length diameter and strength that is appropriate. The decide if you need a topping lift attachment to hold it up. (very nice taking the weight for when attaching the pole. (and makes it less likely to lose the pole over board) experimentation will be needed. ol'will

Quote Originally Posted by Cantata View Post
    I can't find the details of mine but it was made by someone (called Craig IIRC) at Brightlingsea who trades on Ebay as well as direct. Much cheaper than Selden etc, and made to order.
    I think this is him - https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Sailingsc...p2047675.l2563
    That's Craig Bong of C B Rigging, at Brightlingsea. He also posts on here, but i can't remember his user name. Good bloke.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInBed View Post
    Stainless! Keep the cost down and use a scaffolding pole.
    It looks like you have missed the point of a whisker pole, it should be lightweight.
    Another good alternative is a cut down windsurfer mast.
    ‘ stainless / other solution ‘ looked at a stainless telescopic on a 45 ft yacht in Portugal was amazing piece of kit , skipper said I weighed 6 kg
    Keep it Simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Cantata View Post
    I can't find the details of mine but it was made by someone (called Craig IIRC) at Brightlingsea who trades on Ebay as well as direct. Much cheaper than Selden etc, and made to order.
    I think this is him - https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Sailingsc...p2047675.l2563
    thanks for that i had seen these and wasnt sure of quality

Quote Originally Posted by cloud7 View Post
    Any advice where to look online for whisker or similar kit
    Thanks
    EBay. Got a 4m pole for £80.
    I'd rather be tethered to a pad eye than tethered to an iPad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12