Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Inputs on purchase of 50-65ft boat, year 2000-2006-ish

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    And yes, its highly therapeutic to waste a bit of time trawling through Yachtworld adverts just for fun
    Actually, I wasn't talking of armchair boat hunting.
    A proper used boat search is hard work, which implies travelling A LOT.
    I never made an estimate for my last search a few years ago, but we made MANY Kms, and I don't mean a few thousands: it's probably a matter of 5 digits.
    And that's without considering the flights!

Also for the previous one, when I came to England looking for a lake toy ten years ago, with the GBP at its historical low, I drove from Essex Boat Yard to Boatshed Wales in Pembroke, with just about anything in between along the S coast, viewing 20 boats or so in less than a week.
    Possibly my most interesting UK trip ever - regardless of boats.

That's the reason why I don't sympathize a lot with folks who occasionally post here complaining that it's impossible to find a good boat at a fair price: of course it's impossible, if you look for a miracle bargain.
    But other than that, it's only a matter of getting out of bed and accept to invest time (wasting most of it!) and money in the search.
    Possibly without getting fixated with a specific boat model, for very obvious reasons...

Default Re: Inputs on purchase of 50-65ft boat, year 2000-2006-ish

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    That's the reason why I don't sympathize a lot with folks who occasionally post here complaining that it's impossible to find a good boat at a fair price: of course it's impossible, if you look for a miracle bargain.
    Me neither to be honest. You need to put in the leg work to find the right boat for you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123