Default Little victories

Forget issues re lock manning and moorings.
    Today has been a day for small but satisfying husbandry.
    Replaced the broken hinges on the loo seat and finally sourced some M16 x 1mm thread stainless locking nuts for the windscreen wiper spindles.
    Excellent service from Apex Fasteners on the Slough trading estate who went the extra mile to help me identify the nut specs (USA origin) even though unable to supply. Will definitely be using them in future!
    Also ASAP Supplies for the Jabsco spares.

Default Re: Little victories

Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    Forget issues re lock manning and moorings.
    Today has been a day for small but satisfying husbandry.
    Replaced the broken hinges on the loo seat and finally sourced some M16 x 1mm thread stainless locking nuts for the windscreen wiper spindles.
    Excellent service from Apex Fasteners on the Slough trading estate who went the extra mile to help me identify the nut specs (USA origin) even though unable to supply. Will definitely be using them in future!
    Also ASAP Supplies for the Jabsco spares.
    Much as I admire the Edwards (if they still run ASAP), they can be rather expensive, but I thought Jabsco have their own outlet?

Bewre ASAP have their orignins in the narrowboat world - and therefore to be avoided by Thames boaters.......
    (for those without a sense of humour reading this - I jest....)

Default Re: Little victories

Have a look for 5/8 UNEF (the E is for extra, 24TPI) I'm m16x1 will be absolutely fine but the above may be easier to source.