Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Folly inn iow grrrrrr

Moored at the folly tonight ,never heard such a bleeding racket god knows who they have employed as a so called dj , he was singing over the songs like it was karaoke and this was still going on at 11:20 pm. I feel sorry for anyone with kids it was very loud , I’ve had many great nights at the folly inn dancing on the tables etc but this was something else , heard others on the pontoon complaining

Default Re: Folly inn iow grrrrrr

They lost money employing a DJ tonight when Radio1 has taken over Ibiza, Danny Howards set is going off!!!! Bucket list, anchor off when R1 is in town.

We were in last night from 8 onwards. Asked to have the racket turned down which happened then 5 minutes later back up again.
    People were complaining so we moved table to the other end of the inn.
    Last time we go there to eat. Strictly dinghy up there and sit outside for a coffee in the morning.
    DJ played good stuff but appeared to do it more for his benefit than the customers.
    What a shame.
    Broom owners club..... www.broomowners.com

Don’t know about that but did hear a bit of an altercation on the pontoon resulting in one boat being barred. Sounds like some evening.

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    They lost money employing a DJ tonight when Radio1 has taken over Ibiza, Danny Howards set is going off!!!! Bucket list, anchor off when R1 is in town.
    Genuinely curious to understand the relevance. No one headed for the Folly is going to go to Ibiza for a Radio 1 gig instead surely?
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Quote Originally Posted by Restoration man View Post
    Moored at the folly tonight ,never heard such a bleeding racket god knows who they have employed as a so called dj , he was singing over the songs like it was karaoke and this was still going on at 11:20 pm. I feel sorry for anyone with kids it was very loud , I’ve had many great nights at the folly inn dancing on the tables etc but this was something else , heard others on the pontoon complaining
    When you was dancing on the tables ,dis you think of the kids then.

Quote Originally Posted by Restoration man View Post
    I gave up Solent boating 3 years ago , overpriced beer and crap food along with poor service and attitude .

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Genuinely curious to understand the relevance. No one headed for the Folly is going to go to Ibiza for a Radio 1 gig instead surely?
    As said, they didn't need to hire a DJ, they just needed to turn Radio 1 on and listen to the best DJ's in the world doing sets in San Antonio. They have a stage on the beach with live acts all weekend and loads of boats anchor off for the show....It's a personal bucket list thing.

*Reading back I guess it's an age thing on here, music wise, so maybe not relevant*
    Last edited by MrB; 03-08-19 at 18:32.

I'm not really into this live DJ thing (as you say, maybe an age thing), but wouldn't turning the radio on to listen to it be akin to not having a live band because [insert favourite top music group here] are playing on the radio? It's not quite the same is it? (Or maybe it is, not really my scene).
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Quote Originally Posted by Newboy6458 View Post
    Don’t know about that but did hear a bit of an altercation on the pontoon resulting in one boat being barred. Sounds like some evening.
    Yes we witnessed that as well , like scene from eastenders “GET OFF MY BOAT” in cockney accent, 😂😂😂

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast