Default Antibes Vauban info

Hi Guys arriving later today Saturday and was asked by the marina who will look after the boat while I am away?
    I am heading back to the UK and was wondering what the Antibes guys do, I assume you all have an arrangement with someone local?

Its only for 2 weeks as back then and so doesn't need to be for too long or too often.
    Can you let us know who you use, I am only renting and have heard they like to move people around so may need someone to do that just in case?

Many thanks Nigel

Default Re: Antibes Vauban info

You can tip the marina guys and I am sure that they can get you a place where your boat will not move. I've done it before in PV and it works. 2 weeks is not a long time, they can manage.

I hope that you have their funny shore power socket (Marchal?), otherwise you will need to buy one just for two weeks (EUR 280 if I am not wrong).

Marechal
    2 weeks is a long time. Youíll be in a privately owned berth whose owner might come back, in which case they will move you. There are plenty available but the port office doesnít have forward visibility. For example Iíll be leaving my berth for 2 weeks next week, but I havenít told them yet.
    Jo at zen yachting could probably do 2 weekís guardiennage and key holding.
    Plenty of forumites are in port vauban, but as berth owners, so this problem doesnít arise. Itís totally different for a two week rental in August.
    You could try Erenís idea but it isnít guaranteed to work.

I have used Jo Long of Zen Yachting to look after my boat since I arrived in Port Vauban in 2016. She's very efficient and trustworthy but she's not cheap but then nothing is cheap in SoF https://www.zen-yachting.com/en/about-zen-yachting/

Mike, I think you find that rosť is pretty well priced in the supermarkets. Beach restaurants is another matter!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcanderson View Post
    Mike, I think you find that rosť is pretty well priced in the supermarkets.
    It is but I'm learning that you get what you pay for in French supermarkets when it comes to buying wine. Buy cheap and you get plonk, drinkable plonk but plonk all the same. I think I'm going a bit native

If no luck Try Jeff at Deckside over in La Nap, he is based there but looks after five or six in PV incl mine , top bloke .

Thanks for the replies so far no problem and they did say we were ok for the 2 weeks, also spoke to the neighbouring boat and he confirmed the owner is away for 2 months, very impressed with the whole area to be honest.
    I am going out again in a weeks time and was hoping to get into L Napoule but so far no luck via email, anyone got any contacts or tips?

I,ll PM you the grand Fromarge s contact details.

What size berth are you after ?

I’ve just let my 15 M out .