Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Chichester Harbour restaurants

Got a few days with a noted gourmet on board and looking for dinner recommendations in Chichester Harbour. I draw 1.75m, hopefully a little more after dinner...

Default Re: Chichester Harbour restaurants

Thyme and Chillies ... Excellent food of a more traditional indian style....out of Marina and turn left
    Bobbobin

Hmmm, I can think of several places that will feed you well enough, but not necessarily to the satisfaction of a "noted gourmet"! But Chichester Harbour is a big place - there must be many eating places that I'm not aware of - I look forward to suggestions from others and will happily test them out.

In the main part of the Harbour, you have:
    The Ship at Itchenor (Ok, but not a gourmet treat). Use a visitor mooring
    The Crown and Anchor at Dell Quay - but it is too tidal for your draft, I think.
    Or stay at Chichester Marina, and go to Chichester (by bus)

Alternatively, there are a number of restaurants in Emsworth, if you go to Emsworth Marina (tidal cill)

Hope that helps a little...
    KeithH

Quote Originally Posted by bobgoode View Post
    Thyme and Chillies ... Excellent food of a more traditional indian style....out of Marina and turn left
    The pub at Dell Quay will also feed you well. I was thinking of suggesting Thyme and Chillies until I reread the OP's message and realised that he referred to Chichester Harbour, not Chichester Marina - given that there are few straight line journeys here, the distances can be quite significant! Perhaps he can clarify the location and whether or not he and his guests will have access to motor transport.

Anchor Bleu Bosham, Ship Itchenor but for a noted gourmet? Hmmm

36 On The Quay, Fat Olives etc etc Emsworth if your credit card needs a good airing

If you go into Northney marina and stroll across the bridge, the Ship Inn is OK BUT all locals and self much prefer the Royal Oak a little further on by the old mill - if near HW the shoreside path floods, there is a path between houses starting just by the side of the Ship or a further walk around by the road then down Langstone High Street.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Although it was a while ago we had a very pleasant meal at The Boathouse at Chichester Marina down by the lock.

The Deck at Emsworth Marina has a growing reputation. Restaurant 36 On the Quay, pricey but gets very good reviews. Not so pricey but good reputation in Emswortrh: Fat Olives. Many locals use Hallidays in Emsworth too. The Langstone Quay Hotel next door to Northney Marina is good, but not true Gourmet standard.

Problem in Chichester is apart from the Marinas. all the 'top of creek' landings like Dell Quay, Bosham and Emsworth, dry out from around half tide to deep mud. Emsworth marina is Ok, but has a sill limiting access as the rest of Emsworth dries.
    Last edited by oldharry; 04-08-19 at 21:27.
    Is Conservation for wildlife or conservationists?
    http://boatownersresponse.org.uk

Apart from Emsworth, I've eaten at most places up and down the harbour. But unless you dry out you'll have to use Chichester marina, Birdham Pool or a visitor mooring at Itchenor. From the marina and Birdham pool you have the Boat House and CYC. Otherwise it's a taxi ride to Thyme and Chillies, Crouchers, or Cider House Italian. None are gourmet, but all are good. My personal favourite is Cider House (if you like wood baked pizza) or on the lawn at CYC which has lovely views. The Crown & Anchor at Dell Quay is a pleasant 40 min coastal walk from the marina but you'll need to book ahead at w/ends. There's also a water taxi from Itchenor to Bosham but it might be a bit of a walk at the Bosham end.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast