Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Chichester Harbour restaurants

If you have a cycle or fancy a longer walk try the pub at Chidem which is called at Home I believe and serves a better quality of pub grub than other hostelries on main highway . It's not far by car from Prinsted or Bosham. There used to be a small restaurant towards Fishbourn which was well recommended - looked like someone's front room In such matters Trip adviser is your friend but even the high lights of Chi don't really have any gourmet offerings so book into 36 and stay the night ideally leaving the boat at Chi marina or Birdham if draft permits.

Anchor somewhere pretty and give him beans on toast!

Or possibly stock the boat with good ingredients from local sources and cook something simple.
    Last edited by DJE; 05-08-19 at 06:26.

Ashtead has the right idea. Take up a visitor's mooring at Itchenor, or anchor just below, get the water taxi to take you to Cobnor, walk for 20/30 minutes to the Old House at Home.

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

The last time I asked the water taxi packed up around half six so not particularly useful for an evening out.
    Substance over style

What happens if a gourmet accidentally ingests ordinary food? Is it terrible?

And what if he tears the OP’s galley apart screaming and shouting like Gordon Ramsay?

Perhaps the Coastguard could high line in Michele Roux with his pots and pans in the event of an emergency?
    Last edited by dom; 05-08-19 at 08:02.

Most of the places suggested here offer good but not ' gourmet ' food; if such a person came on my boat and objected to their pub fayre they'd have a hungry swim back as I doubt my onboard culinary skills would dazzle them - I'd just have to risk the TripAdvisor review
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    What happens if a gourmet accidentally ingests ordinary food? Is it terrible?
    ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Roger52 View Post
    Although it was a while ago we had a very pleasant meal at The Boathouse at Chichester Marina down by the lock.
    We eat quite often at The Boathouse and they usually serve very decent food - but not anything particularly special. A great deal depends on what the OP intended to imply by "a noted gourmet" - is decently prepared ordinary food going to be goos enough, or is he looking for something that would rate five Michelin stars?

Just seen the forecast . All bets are off. Friday and Saturday looking a bit fresh for a gourmet. And for me....
    https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/portsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by maby View Post
    We eat quite often at The Boathouse and they usually serve very decent food - but not anything particularly special. A great deal depends on what the OP intended to imply by "a noted gourmet" - is decently prepared ordinary food going to be goos enough, or is he looking for something that would rate five Michelin stars?
    Yes the Boathouse at Chi is worth a look but dont forget they also serve food at the CYC but you might have to check timings. Generally any south coast "port" is poorly served (one /two resonable place in each town so I think finding somewhere that has enough staff to serve in a realistic timescale , a free table for say a crew of four, and a wide emnough selection is a challenge in most venues.
    A few years ago when we first started there was a useful guide to eateries of the Solnt but sadly these places seem to change fairly rapidly and even ones like the Boathouse (there is similar ib Gosport at sister marina) vary from year to year.
    I suspect any gourmet might have to travel to Brighton but maybe there are hideen gems within say a 20 min Uber from Chi which are hidden away and just waiting for greater recognition ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast