Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Default Insurance

So I have been attempting to figure out costs of keeping a boat around the Orwell and attempted to get a quote for a ~20K advertised boatshed Fulmar (I upgraded) with a recon engine, recent standing rigging and channel / coastal use from Topsail. They refuse to insure Shotley for some reason! any idea why? Also if anyone has a rough idea of yearly fully comp costs that will cover a UK delivery and keeping it round there that would be useful.

Default Re: Insurance

I'd expect you to be able to get insurance for around £200. I'd be wary of an insurance company which won't insure you in one of the safest marinas around!

Never heard of anyone refusing to insure a boat kept at Shotley, other than if you wanted to keep it on a mooring all year round. The 300 boats in Shotley marina will all be insured, it's a condition of berthing there. Give Y-Yacht a call.

http://www.yyachtinsurance.com/
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Who would 'they' be (Company).

I don't understand why an insurer would not insure at Shotley it is fully serviced and one of the most secure marina's on the East Cost in that it has a lock and therefore is not exposed to elements such as tidal surges etc.

Not quick enough....as above

You could try the grandly named and very excellent East Coast Mutual Yacht Insurance Association Ltd.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

We've used Y Yacht insurance for years. Excellent
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. -- Steven Wright

Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Marina

As a fellow Fulmar owner, I can recommend the Westerly Owners Association group policy with Navigators & General. Members of WOA also get a discount greater than the cost of membership of the association.
    If my foresight was as good as my hindsight, I would be a multi-millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
    As a fellow Fulmar owner, I can recommend the Westerly Owners Association group policy with Navigators & General. Members of WOA also get a discount greater than the cost of membership of the association.
    I am currently only a fantasy Fulmar owner, but thanks for the tip. They allow membership by prospective owners I see.

Quote Originally Posted by pks1702 View Post
    Who would 'they' be (Company).

I don't understand why an insurer would not insure at Shotley it is fully serviced and one of the most secure marina's on the East Cost in that it has a lock and therefore is not exposed to elements such as tidal surges etc.

Not quick enough....as above
    When I first bought Stork III, GJW refused to quote for "Shotley". Very happy to quote for "Shotley Marina". They don't like the River moorings, too many big boat movements.

Ah... that explains it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast