Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cross channel crew needed

Im looking for someone to help crew our Westerly Sealord from Portsmouth to Cherbourg next Saturday/Sunday/Monday. The wind looks like it might be a bit brisk for Saturday so maybe more likely Sunday? Youd have to get the ferry back as a foot passenger Tuesday or Wednesday when Mrs M arrived but if youve got a couple of days then we could call in a couple of places?

The boat is well found and Im an RYA YM Instructor and Examiner if youre interested. Id single hand it but Mrs M says shed prefer it if I had some crew...

Pm me if youre interested and can spare a couple of days?
    Semper aliud

Default Re: Cross channel crew needed

Quote Originally Posted by john_morris_uk View Post
    I’m looking for someone to help crew our Westerly Sealord from Portsmouth to Cherbourg next Saturday/Sunday/Monday. The wind looks like it might be a bit brisk for Saturday so maybe more likely Sunday? You’d have to get the ferry back as a foot passenger Tuesday or Wednesday when Mrs M arrived but if you’ve got a couple of days then we could call in a couple of places?

The boat is well found and I’m an RYA YM Instructor and Examiner if you’re interested. I’d single hand it but Mrs M says she’d prefer it if I had some crew...

Pm me if you’re interested and can spare a couple of days?
    What a temptation, but need too much personal assistance these days to be a worthy crew, more hindrance than help on a saily thingy.I can testify however that the lucky candidate will have a truly great time and in excellent company even before the delightful Mrs M arrives. Plus (very long story that I will be free to tell in full hopefully soon) means that both I and T are temporarily sans passports, thanks/no thanks to UKHO)
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

From where in Portsmouth John?

I know someone suitable but just need an idea of the logistics before I talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by XDC View Post
    From where in Portsmouth John?

I know someone suitable but just need an idea of the logistics before I talk to him.
    Our mooring is off Hardway on the Gosport side but I don’t mind meeting up with crew where ever is best?
    Semper aliud

I'm available. Will PM.

Thanks John

I’ll leave it to LittleSister as, even though you can probably see the ferry from your mooring, I can’t see how my guy can get from the ferry port to Hardway.

Enjoy the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by XDC View Post
    Thanks John

I’ll leave it to LittleSister as, even though you can probably see the ferry from your mooring, I can’t see how my guy can get from the ferry port to Hardway.

Enjoy the trip.
    Easy to get from the ferry port to us; I’ll drive round and fetch him by car. If you think he’d enjoy the trip, three’s better than two and the boat has bunks for ten (although you’d be mad to have ten on her in reality).
    Semper aliud

Sorry John. Didnt realise hes crewing for someone at Cowes. Bon voyage as they say over there. And here 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by john_morris_uk View Post
    I’m looking for someone to help crew our Westerly Sealord from Portsmouth to Cherbourg next Saturday/Sunday/Monday. The wind looks like it might be a bit brisk for Saturday so maybe more likely Sunday? You’d have to get the ferry back as a foot passenger Tuesday or Wednesday when Mrs M arrived but if you’ve got a couple of days then we could call in a couple of places?

The boat is well found and I’m an RYA YM Instructor and Examiner if you’re interested. I’d single hand it but Mrs M says she’d prefer it if I had some crew...

Pm me if you’re interested and can spare a couple of days?
    Bit "brisk"?
    Are you really going to plan the passage considering the weather forecast?

I suggest that the Skipper will have due regard to not getting the 'oggin in his morning kye...
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast