Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Cross channel crew needed

Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    I suggest that the Skipper will have due regard to not getting the 'oggin in his morning kye...
    Foolhardy comes to mind.

Well he's a very experienced man and an instructor (I believe) and should know what he's doing.

I was tempted to volunteer but all my gear is on my boat in Brittany and it looks the sort of weather where some warm, waterproof clothing will be required.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    Well he's a very experienced man and an instructor (I believe) and should know what he's doing.

I was tempted to volunteer but all my gear is on my boat in Brittany and it looks the sort of weather where some warm, waterproof clothing will be required.
    Experience should tell him to reconsider, regardless of how many RYA certificates, have a look at forecast winds.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty123 View Post
    Experience should tell him to reconsider, regardless of how many RYA certificates, have a look at forecast winds.
    I would trust JM's judgement and experience (from personal knowledge) over yours any day,but to say that on here would put me in the same ill-informed camp as yourself
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I would trust JM's judgement and experience (from personal knowledge) over yours any day,but to say that on here would put me in the same ill-informed camp as yourself
    Really, you know nothing about me, but anyone considering a crosschannel in the forecast weather, is not exercising good judgement. If the situation stays as forecast, I'm sure JM would delay for another day. How many on here would leave harbour in 40-50 knts?

Really, you know nothing about me, but anyone considering a crosschannel in the forecast weather, is not exercising good judgement. If the situation stays as forecast, I'm sure JM would delay for another day. How many on here would leave harbour in 40-50 knts?
    Why not actually READ the original post before making inane comment.

I’m looking for someone to help crew our Westerly Sealord from Portsmouth to Cherbourg next Saturday/Sunday/Monday. The wind looks like it might be a bit brisk for Saturday so maybe more likely Sunday?
    Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...sRX5fiP14v6.99
    Last edited by Robin; 07-08-19 at 16:28.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Why not actually READ the original post before making inane comment.

I’m looking for someone to help crew our Westerly Sealord from Portsmouth to Cherbourg next Saturday/Sunday/Monday. The wind looks like it might be a bit brisk for Saturday so maybe more likely Sunday?
    Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...sRX5fiP14v6.99
    "Next Saturday/Sunday/Monday".
    Took you a while to "READ" the original post as well.

"Next Saturday/Sunday/Monday".
    Took you a while to "READ" the original post as well.
    I can assure you it did NOT, I would dearly love to volunteer but cannot as said in my original reply.(post 2) JM has my total confidence and a very capable and exceptionally well maintained boat to boot, now if it were some manky auld tiddler...….

I can assure you it did NOT, I would dearly love to volunteer but cannot as said in my original reply.(post 2) JM has my total confidence and a very capable and exceptionally well maintained boat to boot, now if it were some manky auld tiddler...….
    So why #14?

I think JM wanted to known if anyone wanted to crew, not whether people didn't want to crew or whether it was thought to be a good idea.
    JM, what anchor(s) will you be carrying?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast