Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Cross channel crew needed

Golly, some strange comments.

When I first posted looking for crew, the forecast looked decidedly dodgy for Saturday. Hence my vagueness about which day we might depart. Furthermore my confidence in forecasts five days or more away is low and this was another reason for my vagueness about a proposed departure day and time.

Iíve. been watching the weather predictions over the last few days and my considered opinion is that Iím not proposing to go anywhere on Saturday and as it takes a day of so for the channel to calm down, I might not be going anywhere on Sunday either.

Iíve just spoken to the one crew Iíve got so far and Iíve suggested that we review over the next few days and maybe think of going Sunday evening at the earliest or possibly Monday morning.

Iíd hope that any decent skipper would be following a similar thought process. I donít make any pretences about being perfect as a skipper (God knows Iím not!) but Iím taken aback by some of the crass criticism based on assumptions.

Now Iíve got that rant off my chest, does anyone else fancy a sail across to St Vaast.Cherbourg etc for a couple of days and get the ferry back?
    Semper aliud

Quote Originally Posted by scotty123 View Post
    So why #14?
    Because whilst I do know JM and his boat I know nothing of you, your experience or your boat, only impressions gained from your armchair comments hereabouts. I have no wish to tarnish John's thread or trip and it is very late,so time to bid you good night
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by Poecheng View Post
    I think JM wanted to known if anyone wanted to crew, not whether people didn't want to crew or whether it was thought to be a good idea.
    JM, what anchor(s) will you be carrying?
    We carry two anchors: a Spade bower and a Fortress kedge, and 70 metres of chain for the bow if you’re interested. The kedge has a few metres of chain and then lots of nylon rode.

Of course drifting with two reds showing is much more sporting.
    Semper aliud

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Because whilst I do know JM and his boat I know nothing of you, your experience or your boat, only impressions gained from your armchair comments hereabouts. I have no wish to tarnish John's thread or trip and it is very late,so time to bid you good night
    Thanks Robin. Hope the health is holding up and say hi to T from us.
    Semper aliud

Quote Originally Posted by john_morris_uk View Post
    Thanks Robin. Hope the health is holding up and say hi to T from us.
    will likely improve more when we get our passports back
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Hi John,
    I am interested. Will send you a pm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123