Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Weather looks a little fruity this fri/sat

Quote Originally Posted by burgundyben View Post
    We live on the Island so we have the car here too. Had a lovely day, been to Baywatch for dinner. Three year old with us so back on the boat for bedtime. Tis lovely here despite the wind.
    +1 but minus 3 year old and car, snug in island harbour Newport. Behind closed lock gates and between two rolling rag and stickies with whistling in-mast rigs. TGFHTs as getting off the boat for ablutions a HSE no no but a good british depression blow beats a Florida hurricane any day.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Island Harbour always seems wrong for the tides if going anywhere, but a lovely sheltered spot - must be showing its virtues right now.

Is there a bus service to Newport ? Last time I asked at the Folly the bus link from Whippingham had been scrapped, a nice walk but only in good weather.

A huge shame about the paddle steamer Ryde, I used to go on for the disco as a teenager but she's consigned to history now.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Thumbs down Re: Weather looks a little fruity this fri/sat

Given the current forecast, I wonder what the insurers and the authorities think of anybody who voluntarily puts to sea❓

Shame is, some of them may have to risk their lives in subsequent totally avoidable incidents.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

And has anybody looked at the forecast for next weekend? Too early to be sure but it could be doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by DJE View Post
    And has anybody looked at the forecast for next weekend? Too early to be sure but it could be doing it again.
    Yes, next Saturday 30 Gusting 40 and very wet and Sunday 28 Gusting 36 but no rain.

As you say, things have time to change.

Currently here at Walton - full gale and very gusty but warm and sunny.

Very pleasant in the basin behind the cat flap but I wouldn’t want to be at anchor at Stone Point‼️
    Last edited by nortada; 10-08-19 at 06:39.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

Needles NCI reporting 84 mph. 73 knots at 3am this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by burgundyben View Post
    Needles NCI reporting 84 mph. 73 knots at 3am this morning.
    I think partly owing to its cliff location, the Needles does seem to produce some high reading.

Still, a big old blow today

Looking on Vesselfinder right now there is a yacht about 15m east of Salcombe bound south towards France

It’s name: “Risky Business!” !

SOG 44.5kts
    Last edited by dom; 10-08-19 at 07:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    Island Harbour always seems wrong for the tides if going anywhere, but a lovely sheltered spot - must be showing its virtues right now.

Is there a bus service to Newport ? Last time I asked at the Folly the bus link from Whippingham had been scrapped, a nice walk but only in good weather.

A huge shame about the paddle steamer Ryde, I used to go on for the disco as a teenager but she's consigned to history now.
    There is a bus service from the main road though not marina. The walk into town has been upgraded to to a cycle track taking around 40minutes on foot but.less on a berth neighbour's skateboard. Taxis easy at £8-10 each way to Newport depending on traffic delays,water taxis too but costly.. I was thedirty dancer next to you in that disco BTW.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

I have a 31ft displacement Motorboat with wheelhouse. Plan to leave Bembridge at hw portsmouth tomoz.

Hopefully in the Lee of the Island up to Cowes. Then either pull into Cowes and leave the boat. Or head to Yarmouth home port, but looks like wind over tide on the nose to Yarmouth.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast