Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Default Re: Weather looks a little fruity this fri/sat

Watch out for quite big breaking waves between the forts ( unless you're keeping close inshore now they've removed the lumps to No Mans' Land ) - I got clobbered and my cockpit filled twice in quick succession there - should be an interesting trip either way, have a camera ready for us
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    Light breeze, sunny with white fluffy clouds at Tynemouth
    I just drove from Galloway to near Tynemouth. Quite nice in Newcastle, absolutely appalling on the way across. Home by train - Carlisle station was complete chaos, with no Transpennine services at all and Virgin running what they could, when they could.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Quote Originally Posted by jonic View Post
    Steady 38kts with 55kt gust here in Portland.
    At the time you posted that we were on board on the furthest visitor pontoon at Portland. Waves and spray just covering the pontoons... Getting wet just walking to and from the boat.

Great walk from the marina to Portland Bill lighthouse via the clifftop path down the western coast of the Bill..

Martin, Did you see the big blowhole by the inland crane blowing or did you only do the western path? The mini one by the boat crane is more dependable and pleasant to admire when passing the huts near the Lobsterpot Cafe.
    A boat is for going places

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanofthehills View Post
    Martin, Did you see the big blowhole by the inland crane blowing or did you only do the western path? The mini one by the boat crane is more dependable and pleasant to admire when passing the huts near the Lobsterpot Cafe.
    Hi and yes we did see the blow hole by the crane... Some great photos until the tide dropped a little and it stopped spouting.

We didn't wait for the tide to turn but some huge breakers seen over the Shambles.

Currently making way back to Southsea.. Pleasant run in just over 20 knot breeze..

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_J View Post
    At the time you posted that we were on board on the furthest visitor pontoon at Portland. Waves and spray just covering the pontoons... Getting wet just walking to and from the boat.

Great walk from the marina to Portland Bill lighthouse via the clifftop path down the western coast of the Bill..
    We are on N pontoon. All calming down now, but here is where some of the spray was coming from yesterday!

AAF3A88C-F753-4AD4-90AA-FF648C398B66.jpg
    John Rodriguez Yachts - Cruising & Bluewater Yachts www.jryachts.com

And........it looks like much the same next weekend!

Don't you just love English summer?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567