Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hugo Boss

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Default Re: Hugo Boss

I’m sure he has people to read yottimags for him.

As I said, we can be sure that he has The Right Stuff; he is superlatively brave, expert and physically and mentally fit, but what’s the point?

She is steered by autopilot, the whole time. She can be navigated entirely by computer including the important weather routeing. Her rig can be handled entirely by electric winches and various sensors, and her ballasting, trimming and foils are equally automated.

She could no doubt circumnavigate under radio control.

What is he there for?
    Last edited by Minn; 28-08-19 at 20:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Minn View Post

As I said, we can be sure that he has The Right Stuff; he is superlatively brave, expert and physically and mentally fit, but what’s the point?

She is steered by autopilot, the whole time. She can be navigated entirely by computer including the important weather routeing. Her rig can be handled entirely by electric winches and various sensors, and her ballasting, trimming and foils are equally automated.

What is he there for?
    You have never seen the videos of him doing repairs/changing sails etc in the middle of the night smashing through a storm? What about the knock downs and when bits snap off?? Show us some videos of you doing it then judge! You are a troll if i ever seen one.

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    You have never seen the videos of him doing repairs/changing sails etc in the middle of the night smashing through a storm? What about the knock downs and when bits snap off?? Show us some videos of you doing it then judge! You are a troll if i ever seen one.
    You have done a fine job of completely mid-understanding what I wrote.

What is he there for?
    The last line.............................................. ..... lol
    We have done it........... we are now full time liveboards !!!

What is he there for?
    To take the sail ties off and fix the damage caused by French fishermen.

What is he there for?
    The spinnakers won't drag themselves on deck and rig themselves.

I'm quite sure a boat COULD be rigged to circumnavigate itself under remote control. Probably even automatically, with the right programming.
    Last edited by bbg; 29-08-19 at 07:36.

Quote Originally Posted by bbg View Post
    The spinnakers won't drag themselves on deck and rig themselves.

I'm quite sure a boat COULD be rigged to circumnavigate itself under remote control. Probably even automatically, with the right programming.
    I will be very surprised if this boat sets anything that you would consider a spinnaker...
    You never know, I might be right!

Quote Originally Posted by alex_m24 View Post
    vendee globe just shared a picture on their facebook account(cant share the link unfortunately) of the foils, boat looks like an x-fighter
    Correction...Vendee Globe just shared MY picture with their watermark on their facebook account! :-(

And yes I did ask ATR if I could have a look and take pics...crack on, all public domain now they said.
    Bavaria 32 GBR4755L "Adastra"
    49er GBR340 "20KSB"/Fireball GBR14474 "Eleven Parsecs"

Quote Originally Posted by Iain C View Post
    Correction...Vendee Globe just shared MY picture with their watermark on their facebook account! :-(

And yes I did ask ATR if I could have a look and take pics...crack on, all public domain now they said.
    Bit rude to put their watermark on it...
    You never know, I might be right!

What is he there for?
    Wrong on many counts. He makes the decisions on board and the only power for the winches is human power. Without putting too much of a negative spin on it, if things were even as remotely automated as you say he would not have ended up arriving in Guadaloupe in the way he did.

I've met Alex and heard all about what daily life on board is like...and as per the title of his film it truly is "Relentless". Down south he's eating the equivalent of 7 Big Macs a day, and if he was just sat at his computer, he'd be a lot lardier than he is!!
    Bavaria 32 GBR4755L "Adastra"
    49er GBR340 "20KSB"/Fireball GBR14474 "Eleven Parsecs"

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast