Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SOF Berth - How?

I know its been asked and discussed a thousand times before. However, I am looking for an 'idiots guide' to getting a berth in the SOF. Not to buy but ideally rent for a few seasons. Port Vauban seems ideal or anywhere close to Nice Airport.

I am going to hopefully get out there in September for a nosey, but would like to plan ahead for next season so I can secure a berth and then make preparations to get the boat out there next year.

Default Re: SOF Berth - How?

Quote Originally Posted by jcwads View Post
    I know its been asked and discussed a thousand times before. However, I am looking for an 'idiots guide' to getting a berth in the SOF. Not to buy but ideally rent for a few seasons. Port Vauban seems ideal or anywhere close to Nice Airport.

I am going to hopefully get out there in September for a nosey, but would like to plan ahead for next season so I can secure a berth and then make preparations to get the boat out there next year.
    Bless!

Given current lease expires Dec 2021 buying one would be the easiest and possibly only route to securing a berth without moving every 2 to 3 days. Great home port.

Beaulieu-sur-Mer has just had its lease extended until Dec 20 so you could buy a lease of a berth that would last until then and then you have a berth if you want to stay or can leave if you choose. What happens after Dec 20 is unknown. Beaulieu-sur-Mer is on the other side of Nice towards Monaco. 20 mins by train from Nice Airport (with a 10 min walk to the train) or 30 by car.

PM me if you want the name of a local broker who might have a berth or two on his books.

Dont know if it works for your size of boat, we were investigating for the 8m to 10m bracket, and have not seen it discussed here, but our intention in the future is to find a storage yard that launches and recovers for you when you want, then you just use visitor berths when afloat. Such facilities seem to be to the west of St Tropez, due to flatter and less dense development I suppose.

As others have said, buying is your only option - unless you wait a couple of years until the leases end at PV and the whole place goes rental.

How Med spec is your current boat ?
    Ready for a better one ? There must be an itch that needs scratching ?
    Reason I ask one way in renting is to buy a boat from a dealer / broker .They have caches of berths for there customers and with a bit , not a lot of negotiating = bobs your uncle so to speak you are in .
    Strongly recommend you visit La Napoule, where the dealers hang out and make contact with theses people for berth advice
    http://homeport.fr/index.php?option=...mid=69&lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    As others have said, buying is your only option - unless you wait a couple of years until the leases end at PV and the whole place goes rental.
    Could be priced out unfortunately not sure I can get the funds for a purchase right now. Will probably then look at a wider area

Could be priced out unfortunately not sure I can get the funds for a purchase right now. Will probably then look at a wider area
    Is this for the T40, or is it new boat o'clock?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    Is this for the T40, or is it new boat o'clock?
    I expect I will keep the T40 for at least another 4 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast