Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Home UK Midlands / Boat Croatia
    Posts
    19,401

    Default Boat inversion in France .... it all goes wrong very quickly



    That's all a bit shocking. I think I would have swum away from the boat and headed for the ladder as quickly as possible.

    Richard

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default Re: Boat inversion in France .... it all goes wrong very quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post


    That's all a bit shocking. I think I would have swum away from the boat and headed for the ladder as quickly as possible.

    Richard
    It is pretty scary...however its actually in Poland, not France (there is a thread about it already on Ribnet for those interested too):

    http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/incident...and-82041.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Home UK Midlands / Boat Croatia
    Posts
    19,401

    Default Re: Boat inversion in France .... it all goes wrong very quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
    It is pretty scary...however its actually in Poland, not France (there is a thread about it already on Ribnet for those interested too):
    That's interesting because I was sure that I'd seen that channel in videos before and I'm sure it was in France. Perhaps it's quite a common feature although I've never seen anything like it in Croatia .... maybe it's a tidal thing?

    Richard

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default Re: Boat inversion in France .... it all goes wrong very quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    That's interesting because I was sure that I'd seen that channel in videos before and I'm sure it was in France. Perhaps it's quite a common feature although I've never seen anything like it in Croatia .... maybe it's a tidal thing?

    Richard
    If you expand the video, you get the full title:

    Spectaculaire accident de semi-rigide à ROWY Pologne le 2 août 2019

    Which makes it a bit clearer :-)

    However like you, I'm pretty sure I've seen very similar posted in France.

    Someone on Ribnet posted an interesting (but ultimately less dramatic) video of Southwold too:

    Last edited by vjmehra; 06-08-19 at 19:28.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boat Orwell - Me Norwich
    Posts
    7,850

    Default Re: Boat inversion in France .... it all goes wrong very quickly

    Millpond stuff.

    Try this for a slightly more challenging harbour approach:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdmwxvMDDyI

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    22,393

    Default Re: Boat inversion in France .... it all goes wrong very quickly

    I think there may have been a reason why we didn't stop at Rowy when we passed that way.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nelson New Zealand
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Boat inversion in France .... it all goes wrong very quickly

    See your Iceland and raise you Greymouth bar in NZ.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGSMmenPDM
    Aiming to live forever or die in the attempt!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to