Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wiper blade problem

I need to replace the stbd wiper. Apparently they just don't seem to make 700mm wiper blades with the two machine screw fastening onto the pantograph for my jeanneau prestige 32 any more. I can get a 600mm blade from duralite. But would rather have a bigger sweep.

I was wondering whether anyone had any success just buying the rubber inserts and fitting those rather than buying the whole thing. Is this easy and is it robust enough when the sea is coming over the bow?

Cheers
    Richard
    Per Ardua Ad Nauseam

Default Re: wiper blade problem

Thank you Martyn. That's not in the Durite catologue but I may have to buy it. I'm still interested in any replies from anyone who has just replaced the rubber part of the blade as that would be a lot cheaper than the £40 odd for the whole lot.

Yes you can but be aware of the quality as this varies considerably.
    I am old and wise because i was young and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by RIN View Post
    Thank you Martyn. That's not in the Durite catologue but I may have to buy it. I'm still interested in any replies from anyone who has just replaced the rubber part of the blade as that would be a lot cheaper than the £40 odd for the whole lot.
    I need new wipers too, I think Firefly625 found some that are all plastic, no change of rusty mess. I'll ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by RIN View Post
    I need to replace the stbd wiper. Apparently they just don't seem to make 700mm wiper blades with the two machine screw fastening onto the pantograph for my jeanneau prestige 32 any more. I can get a 600mm blade from duralite. But would rather have a bigger sweep.

I was wondering whether anyone had any success just buying the rubber inserts and fitting those rather than buying the whole thing. Is this easy and is it robust enough when the sea is coming over the bow?

Cheers
    Richard
    I modified my arms so I could use standard automotive blades https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2p...w?usp=drivesdk https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2p...w?usp=drivesdk

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk
    Last edited by Plum; 08-08-19 at 07:36.

Martyn, although the picture is of the correct two machine screw fitting, the item code and the write up makes it clear its a 16.5 pin fitting so it will not fit ....... back to the drawing board!
    Per Ardua Ad Nauseam

I guess a refill rubber would at least provide a temporary solution.

Try motor factors locally to where you live. Especially people who service commercial vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    I guess a refill rubber would at least provide a temporary solution.

Try motor factors locally to where you live. Especially people who service commercial vehicles.
    I got mine for P32 from https://vetusonline.com/english/cata...q=wiper+blades

Quote Originally Posted by trooper View Post
    Hi Trooper. I saw what I think was your 2018 post on the jeanneau owners website and I have been to Vetus Fareham but no luck there. I did pick up a catalogue on my visit and have been through it but still cannot find the right blade. if you still have a link it would really help. Are yours two screw fittings?
    Per Ardua Ad Nauseam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast