Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Handhrld VHF - recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by skipper681 View Post
    Everyone should have one of these just for a backup, for this price its peanuts. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-BAOF...4df62fce6f67d0
    I've been berated by some for making exactly this suggestion in a previous thread. The radio is very versatile, has a real quality feel about it and is amazing value for money. They can be a bit tricky to program and this is easiest done with free software from the interweb. By coincidence, a newby on the PBO forum is asking for help to program marine vhf channels.

Do green vhf have crystals with channel 0 then ? I seem to recall Westerly Centaurs had these

I have a Baeofeng waterproof unit for use on the boat - and a non-waterproof unit for one off the boat (or when it's dry). The only complaint with the waterproof one is that the audio is rubbish when it's been submerged - you have to wait for it to dry out (!) - but that's it ... for the price, they are excellent units and have meant we can use digital selection on the PMR channels to have "private" conversations (we can't hear anyone else on the channel ).
    Programming cables cost a few £, but worth it - unless you could get together as a club and save a few quid that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12