Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    SoF
    Posts
    9,910

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Additional information, itís the 3.3kw model 2 counter rotating props
    And the specs say 185mm tunnel
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    8,160

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Sidepower every time.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    SoF
    Posts
    9,910

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    Sidepower every time.
    Yes, Iím not endorsing Quick.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    north ayrshire
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    Yes, I’m not endorsing Quick.
    Ok cheers for the info it seems I'm on the right track size wise. You say your not endorsing Quicke & I appreciate they may be at the budget end of the market & it seems sidepower are the rolls royce however this is a 13 year old boat & there is a large cost difference. I'm not bothered about it being the best it just needs to function.
    We have used the boat without a thruster for several years without a major whoopsie however we had out two teenage kids with us primed & ready with a Ball fender if we got a little out of line (which we did occasionally) The two teenagers are doing their own thing now so dont come out so much hence thinking a thruster might be a good idea

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    15,573

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Have you looked at Vetus? I’d guess they are also much less expensive that Side Power.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    SoF
    Posts
    9,910

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Beamishken View Post
    Ok cheers for the info it seems I'm on the right track size wise. You say your not endorsing Quicke & I appreciate they may be at the budget end of the market & it seems sidepower are the rolls royce however this is a 13 year old boat & there is a large cost difference. I'm not bothered about it being the best it just needs to function.
    We have used the boat without a thruster for several years without a major whoopsie however we had out two teenage kids with us primed & ready with a Ball fender if we got a little out of line (which we did occasionally) The two teenagers are doing their own thing now so dont come out so much hence thinking a thruster might be a good idea
    Yes, you right. I would fill my boat with the best of the best. But of course, I couldn’t afford it either. Beneteau have chosen these products, if the return rate was too high I’m sure they would have looked for an alternative arrangement. They work, but without a comparable boat to make a comparison I can’t judge them. On the plus side, it’s just an electric motor. What could possibly go wrong
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,263

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    Have you looked at Vetus? I’d guess they are also much less expensive that Side Power.
    If I have looked at it right (looking at the price list on my desk) a 185mm ST from Vetus is £369 inc. VAT.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    north ayrshire
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    If I have looked at it right (looking at the price list on my desk) a 185mm ST from Vetus is £369 inc. VAT.
    £1600 + for the kit from vetus where I looked

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    north ayrshire
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    Yes, you right. I would fill my boat with the best of the best. But of course, I couldn’t afford it either. Beneteau have chosen these products, if the return rate was too high I’m sure they would have looked for an alternative arrangement. They work, but without a comparable boat to make a comparison I can’t judge them. On the plus side, it’s just an electric motor. What could possibly go wrong
    I guess the motor going wrong isnt the issue as much as the seals going wrong after you put a dirty great hole in the boat to install it.
    My thoughts are if a major boat manufacturer is installing them they cant be too bad.
    And no one's come on to say they are total junk

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    West Coast Scotland
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Bow thruster opinions

    Hey Ken,
    Just a side note, while you are fitting the thruster, wire up a remote control, I used a set up from RS, RF solutions kit, but any garage door opener types will work fine too. The marine types are just too expensive! Makes it a lot easier when single handing.
    Regards Barry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to