Default Torrevieja short runs out - August

I've got a 32 footer out at Torrevieja. I wouldn't normally go out there in August, but the kids/grandkids want to go so school holidays it has to be.
    I want to take them out for short trips but I'm thinking that most decent moorings/marinas will be chockablock in August.

Any ideas please for day runs out to nearby nice places where it might be possible to get in or anchor at this time of year? I'm thinking that Cabo Roig, La Manga and maybe even Tabarca Island will just be full up - or am I being pessimistic?

Andrew

Default Re: Torrevieja short runs out - August

We was at la manga today no issues ventured further south no problem more a matter of what time you depart

Its pretty quiet at the moment, you should be OK at all those places. I haven't seen any jelly fish anywhere so far.
    the International Marina is a bit of a building site at the moment as they are replacing all the concrete pontoons. However they have nearly finished and it has all been rewired/re-plumbed.

I now have total luxury - a brand new 32 Amp shore power socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkins View Post
    We was at la manga today no issues ventured further south no problem more a matter of what time you depart
    Thanks Ratkin. What marina were you in at La Manga?? Would be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    Its pretty quiet at the moment, you should be OK at all those places. I haven't seen any jelly fish anywhere so far.
    the International Marina is a bit of a building site at the moment as they are replacing all the concrete pontoons. However they have nearly finished and it has all been rewired/re-plumbed.

I now have total luxury - a brand new 32 Amp shore power socket.
    Thanks for the info Kashurst. My boat's at Internacional - they didn't tell me anything!

We moored up just out side there’s three marinas inside mar menor so should find a spot it very humid at the moment so a nice breeze is welcome.
    We moor at marina la salinas in torre, bars around and restaurants short walk to town also .

What’s it like inside the mar menor at the moment? Any jellies about?

Hi
    We moored up in mar menor today no jellyfish to be seen we was on east coast behind Mediterranean

I was out yesterday, it's completely jellyfish free, not sure what's changed
    However, given the super warm temperatures the sea was v warm and the algae extensive, so the sea wasn't very clear.

Good news regarding the Mar Menor
    Not sure how long the planned water quality regeneration will take and let's hope the agreement does actually get into practice.
    It really is a great boating area but the water quality has been off-putting in recent years.

https://murciatoday.com/green-light-...ottom_navigate