Living near Saffron Walden, sailing out of Burnham on Crouch

Default Two cheeky requests

Hi,

Couple of requests - firstly does anyone near either Burnham or living up near Saffron Walden have a couple of spare children’s life jackets (for age 4 and 2). Got my sister and two kids coming for a day sail - not likely to be doing on a regular basis so reluctant to fork out for new ones for this one occasion. Or does anyone know if they can be hired?

Secondly - anyone got a Raymarine ST60 cover lying about in a box of bits? Long shot I know but again - £25 plus for a square piece of plastic is a little steep! Though I’d ask just in case someone has taken a non functioning panel out and still has the covers.

Thanks!
    Last edited by kayenox; 10-08-19 at 13:24. Reason: Typo

Default Re: Two cheeky requests

I think we recently donated ours to Burnham Sailing Club jumble box, but may still have a couple on the boat in BYH. I'll have a look when the weather improves. When do you need them?
    BSC will probably be happy to loan some if you can find out when there's anybody there, usually Wednesday & Friday evenings.
    Can't help with the covers.

ST60 covers are like hens teeth. But I did come across a 3D printer file for them. Haven't tried it but you should be able to find it if you search online.

We're in Cambridge but if you can get up to us on Mon or Tue we have two foam life jackets that should fit (although I will have to double check the sizes in the morning, but I remember my son wearing the small one at about 2 years and then moving to the larger one for a couple of years afterwards). They are a bit stained from suncream, crisps and juice but have been stored without compression, so should be entirely serviceable.

We are leaving on Wednesday to go back to our boat which we've left in Dunkerque for a few days.

PM me if you want to collect!

Living near Saffron Walden, sailing out of Burnham on Crouch

Thanks all - I think I've found a solution in Burnham itself for the lifejackets. Need them for Tuesday 27th Aug...

The ST60 covers will be another matter!

Thanks cnancekievill for your reply - suncream, crisps and juice are all part of the joy! Think we will be ok, but will pop you a note if required.

Glad you found some lifejackets closer to home! We are off tomorrow but back the 24th Aug if you need them.

A few things we have found to keep really small children occupied whilst sailing include: air-dry clay and a few accessories for making birds, fish or just to stick some shells to - the clay comes off the deck easily (try hobbycraft); cheap plastic balls (like in a ball pool) with string attached (puncture holes with a pen/drill bit for the string) - throwing these off the back of the boat and watching them stream behind you seems to be endless fun; instant brownie mix if you have a cooker (at least 30min of stirring and bowl licking); water pistol/squirter - strictly for firing at the waves and/or bubble blower - nothing like a watching stream of bubbles float off over the waves :-).

Hope you have a great time.
    Catherine