Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    8,829

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    On a serious note, how did people board 200 boats in the harbour and no one did nothing to stop it, they could have been stripping the boats of electronic equipment.

    No harbour staff, no Police.

    Brian
    Kddpowercentre VASR charge

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Live in Fareham Area, Boat in Gosport
    Posts
    896

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lon nan Gruagach View Post
    Brilliant
    +1

    It is a bit cheeky, but a written appology and explanation was left on every boat.
    200 boats in one evening wow that is some feat in the dark with that wind and no one rumbled them

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,210

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by KevO View Post
    https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/new...llion-protest/

    Arrived on my boat on Sat afternoon to find someone had been aboard on the Friday night and attached a pink Extinction Rebellion flag to my back stay. They had to get aboard to place it. Whatever the motivation, anybody boarding my boat in the middle of the night without my permission is well out of order. If I had been sleeping below they would have gone over the side!
    What if they were big builder types that could handle themselves Kev, would you get stuck in then?
    Itís only a flag after all.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,751

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
    I wondered what those pink things were, but then it's Falmouth week, one night we once flew the Mylor water taxi flag on Roger Taylor's boat.

    Brian
    I saw them too, assumed they were Falmouth Week flags or something to do with the 'pink wig' parade last Saturday evening in the town. They look like thin nylon: just the perfect thing for the environment to have batches of plastic tat made, probably shipped from abroad, and essentially then thrown away as most will be taken down and binned by owners who did not want them there.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bristol Channel
    Posts
    777

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by chrishscorp View Post
    +1

    It is a bit cheeky, but a written appology and explanation was left on every boat.
    200 boats in one evening wow that is some feat in the dark with that wind and no one rumbled them
    +1
    A boat is for going places

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    14,204

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson View Post
    I saw them too, assumed they were Falmouth Week flags or something to do with the 'pink wig' parade last Saturday evening in the town. They look like thin nylon: just the perfect thing for the environment to have batches of plastic tat made, probably shipped from abroad, and essentially then thrown away as most will be taken down and binned by owners who did not want them there.
    Plastic pollution while an issue, is not part of XR's remit. They are staying focussed on trying to stop the destruction of the life you and I enjoy because they believe that global warming left unchecked will bring that destruction. In fact, the destruction of our lifes will start fairly soon as eco systems start failing. Hence the reason they want Governments to act now, not worry about banning plastic, that wont stop climate armageddon.

    Personally speaking, I think they will fail and that you and I will witness the start of the end game of our way of life. Our children will live through it and our grandchildren might very well never see the end of their natural lives. The challenges we face can only be addressed on a global scale at national levels. Hopefully, the science is mistaken about the consequences of global warming, but I doubt it is.

    A pink, nylon flag on the back of a boat is irrelevant if those consequences come about. I get your point though. I see the action is ineffective compared to the action needed to reduce global warming. It will take more than pink flags to change the direction our ship is currently heading.
    "'...contradictions .... are deliberate exercises in doublethink." Orwell from 1984

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,386

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    But we are talking about it now!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Isle of Eigg
    Posts
    7,219

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson View Post
    I saw them too, assumed they were Falmouth Week flags or something to do with the 'pink wig' parade last Saturday evening in the town. They look like thin nylon: just the perfect thing for the environment to have batches of plastic tat made, probably shipped from abroad, and essentially then thrown away as most will be taken down and binned by owners who did not want them there.
    They look like home made from whatever spare cloth was hanging around.
    Your assumption is wild, the conclusion you draw from it is unlikely.

    What is probable is that the protesters are way ahead of you on all environmental concerns and wouldnt generate such pollution.
    FUCTIFANO

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cornwall England
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    If they're so ahead on environmental concerns why aren't they protesting outside the Brazilian embassy? A country that is giving free reign to loggers and farmers to chop down even more of the rain forest, the lungs of our planet.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Marooned in London
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by Matador View Post
    If they're so ahead on environmental concerns why aren't they protesting outside the Brazilian embassy? A country that is giving free reign to loggers and farmers to chop down even more of the rain forest, the lungs of our planet.
    I’d suggest there are two reasons for this; firstly because they feel we should all be taking responsibility for the destruction of the planet rather than than just pointing to the worst offenders and saying ‘they’re more responsible than us’.
    Also they know that protesting outside the Brazilian Embassy is pointless; what is needed is for our government (and others) to apply pressure to the Brazilians for any real action to be taken.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to