Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    A Member State of the European Union
    Posts
    5,964

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Just a prank but they shouldn't have done it.

    Still, hardly the end of the world.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    705

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlowingOldBoots View Post
    Plastic pollution while an issue, is not part of XR's remit. They are staying focussed on trying to stop the destruction of the life you and I enjoy because they believe that global warming left unchecked will bring that destruction. In fact, the destruction of our lifes will start fairly soon as eco systems start failing. Hence the reason they want Governments to act now, not worry about banning plastic, that wont stop climate armageddon.

    Personally speaking, I think they will fail and that you and I will witness the start of the end game of our way of life. Our children will live through it and our grandchildren might very well never see the end of their natural lives. The challenges we face can only be addressed on a global scale at national levels. Hopefully, the science is mistaken about the consequences of global warming, but I doubt it is.

    A pink, nylon flag on the back of a boat is irrelevant if those consequences come about. I get your point though. I see the action is ineffective compared to the action needed to reduce global warming. It will take more than pink flags to change the direction our ship is currently heading.

    +1 thought your post was very good. Points out their logic in a non inflammatory way.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Cowes
    Posts
    423

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    This needs moving to the Lounge, it's nothing to do with sailing any more. Some of us don't want to read about extremist eco-fanatisism over the cornflakes.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Out of interest, what would those in favour of this say to those whose boats were damaged during this endeavour?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by DFL1010 View Post
    Out of interest, what would those in favour of this say to those whose boats were damaged during this endeavour?
    Were any boats damaged? I doubt it very much

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    This needs moving to the Lounge, it's nothing to do with sailing any more. Some of us don't want to read about extremist eco-fanatisism over the cornflakes.
    Why do you consider those who are in favour of not destroying the earth, the home to all of us as 'extreme eco-fanatasists' surely your own attitude makes you the real extremist?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by steve1963 View Post
    Were any boats damaged?
    Yes.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by DFL1010 View Post
    Yes.
    Evidence? I cannot see any reports of damage

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by steve1963 View Post
    Evidence?
    I'm local and have spoken to several boatowners.

    I cannot see any reports of damage
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Cowes
    Posts
    423

    Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

    Quote Originally Posted by steve1963 View Post
    Evidence? I cannot see any reports of damage
    There would have been damage all right, if these wailing, sanctimonious eco-loons secretly boarded my boat at night, and got caught!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to