Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

Quote Originally Posted by DFL1010 View Post
    I'm local and have spoken to several boatowners.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Strange how none of that was reported in the local press huh? I doubt very much that there was any damage done

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    There would have been damage all right, if these wailing, sanctimonious eco-loons secretly boarded my boat at night, and got caught!
    At least someone is trying to actually do something about a very real problem (set of problems) rather than sitting behind a keyboard trying to be scary

That Packet article was more a press release from Extinction Rebellion, and I'm afraid to say that if one wants investigative journalism then the Packet website, the day after (and on a Sunday), is probably not the place to go.

You 'doubt' there was damage done, yet I know for a fact there was. Yet you seem to want to ignore that; it's almost as if that's an inconvenient truth.

That Packet article was more a press release from Extinction Rebellion, and I'm afraid to say that if one wants investigative journalism then the Packet website, the day after (and on a Sunday), is probably not the place to go.

You 'doubt' there was damage done, yet I know for a fact there was. Yet you seem to want to ignore that; it's almost as if that's an inconvenient truth.
    I 'm not ignoring it. It's quite possible that there was damage. Although it is difficult to see how you could cause damage by simply hoisting a flag. I suspect that the perpetrators were very careful to avoid damage. You have not actually seen any damasge though, have you? just accepting hear-say for people who are aggrieved that someone committed trespass on their boat

Quote Originally Posted by steve1963 View Post
    I 'm not ignoring it. It's quite possible that there was damage. Although it is difficult to see how you could cause damage by simply hoisting a flag. I suspect that the perpetrators were very careful to avoid damage. You have not actually seen any damasge though, have you?
    Yes, I have. Do you really think I'd say there was damage if I wasn't sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Matador View Post
    If they're so ahead on environmental concerns why aren't they protesting outside the Brazilian embassy? A country that is giving free reign to loggers and farmers to chop down even more of the rain forest, the lungs of our planet.
    They are protesting outside the embassies as well as in Brazil

https://vimeo.com/332564594
    https://www.newsflare.com/video/2915...mbassy-london-
    "'...contradictions .... are deliberate exercises in doublethink." Orwell from 1984

Yes, I have. Do you really think I'd say there was damage if I wasn't sure?
    Well then why did you not make this clear in your original post? You simply said "I'm local and have spoken to several boatowners." Why should anyone take this as 'evidence'? There are some (see some of the idiotic posts by others on this thread for example) for whom it would be very convenient if there was 'damage caused'. For this reason we have to be very careful with what we accept as evidence

Out of interest, what would those in favour of this say to those whose boats were damaged during this endeavour?
    I have heard and will hear many more stories of people inconvenienced by the actions of Extinction Rebellion. While, for the victims it seems outrageous, when considering the global impact of the world's governments policies if unchanged, these inconveniences are completely irrelevant. One such is a report of someone, due to parts of London being brought to a standstill, was unable to get to their father's death bed in time. How does that trauma compared to millions of people dying due to MMGW? Bit insignificant, isnt it?

If you think this is no longer a boaty topic, consider the effect of a 5m sea level rise on boating... If you think marinas a crowded now, hows it going to be when theres only half the coastline left to put a marina on....
    FUCTIFANO

Quote Originally Posted by Lon nan Gruagach View Post
    I have heard and will hear many more stories of people inconvenienced by the actions of Extinction Rebellion. While, for the victims it seems outrageous, when considering the global impact of the world's governments policies if unchanged, these inconveniences are completely irrelevant. One such is a report of someone, due to parts of London being brought to a standstill, was unable to get to their father's death bed in time. How does that trauma compared to millions of people dying due to MMGW? Bit insignificant, isnt it?

If you think this is no longer a boaty topic, consider the effect of a 5m sea level rise on boating... If you think marinas a crowded now, hows it going to be when theres only half the coastline left to put a marina on....
    Exactly. It always strikes me as strange how those who use phrases such as extremist eco-fanatisism and sanctimonious eco-loons have themselves, absolutely no solutions to offer. Or worse, delude themselves that we don't even have any such problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    There would have been damage all right, if these wailing, sanctimonious eco-loons secretly boarded my boat at night, and got caught!
    XR think without action the human race faces complete or significant "extinction". Sadly looking at the evidence I fear they are right. The minor damage that might or might not happen during a high spirited protest is nothing much either way in the face of that.

Lets hope there is intelligent life out there, 'cause there is b**er down here on earth
    A boat is for going places

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast