Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Default Re: XR Pirates in Falmouth!

There is clearly some competition for Gammon of the Week going on here.
    A boat is for going places

I'll happily be Gammon of the week if you agree to being a Conspiracy nut careless with other peoples' property ' - you're also first to use potentially offensive names, I wasn't.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    If these people had put ' vote for X political party ' stickers on boats, cars or houses would that be acceptable ?

This is using - and trespassing on - a persons' property to suggest and advertise they agree with a political movement without their consent or their views being sought, and totally unacceptable - why else did they do it at night ?

DFL1010 I'm with you on this
    Seajet

Iím not condoning their actions as Iíd be annoyed also. What Iím trying to find out from one of the forumites is the supposed damage. Iím a local and heard of no damage what so ever. The chap on here saying there has been damage has spoken to the supposed victims of these pirates but wonít or canít I suspect forward and evidence what so ever.

I don't see why you are surprised as any damage involves the identity of boats and maybe owners, could well be an insurance or even police case in the unlikely event plod could get off their chairs - if I knew of such damage I wouldn't publish details either and if my boat was victim I'd appreciate discretion.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

I don't see why you are surprised as any damage involves the identity of boats and maybe owners, could well be an insurance or even police case in the unlikely event plod could get off their chairs - if I knew of such damage I wouldn't publish details either and if my boat was victim I'd appreciate discretion.
    FAir enough. Thatís your view, but if my boat was damaged Iíd want as many knowing just in case someone had seen it. A bit like mentioning what goods had been stolen so others can look out for it.
    I am surprised that being a local Iíve not heard though. Usually news like that travels like like the wind.
    Last edited by robertj; 15-08-19 at 20:11.

Ok, here's an offer. Tomorrow (Friday 16th August) 18:30 I'll be in the bar at the RCYC at Greenbank. Free pint to anyone who pops in and claims first hand knowledge of damage from XR. I'll be wearing a pink tie. Bet nobody does...

I'll happily be Gammon of the week if you agree to being a Conspiracy nut careless with other peoples' property ' - you're also first to use potentially offensive names, I wasn't.
    To be Gammon of the Week is to make yourself as evolutionary and culturally irrelevant. Are you really sure you want that label? I wouldnt.
    Last edited by oldmanofthehills; 16-08-19 at 08:22.
    A boat is for going places

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    There would have been damage all right, if these wailing, sanctimonious eco-loons secretly boarded my boat at night, and got caught!
    Then you would have been prosecuted.

- W

If these people had put ' vote for X political party ' stickers on boats, cars or houses would that be acceptable ?

This is using - and trespassing on - a persons' property to suggest and advertise they agree with a political movement without their consent or their views being sought, and totally unacceptable - why else did they do it at night ?

DFL1010 I'm with you on this
    Except it's not a political movement, is it?

- W

I don't see why you are surprised as any damage involves the identity of boats and maybe owners
    No it doesn't. We have not even beeen told what the alleged damage was. Bent stanchions? Damaged aerials on the pushpit rail? Fender step fallen in the water? A couple of details like that would have made DF118's (or whatever his catchy handle is) post seem a little more convincing, wouldn't it?

As it is, I simply don't believe him.

- W

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast