Default Vulcan 7FS chartplotter - faulty but factory exchange possible.

Ebay listing and photos at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-G-Vulca...MAAOSwoR1dUo1Y

This was purchased retail new in early 2017 with a 2 year warranty and panel mount fitted to my sailing yacht. It worked very well until last week, linking to a VHF, AIS and other instruments. Last week it developed a fault - it powered up but only shows a grey/white screen with faint vertical bars.

I contacted the manufacturers Navico, who said that as it was outside the 2 year warranty period they would offer factory exchange for a new Vulcan 7R at about £350 + VAT and shipping. As this would be an exchange not a retail purchase this would only have a 6 month warranty. The 7R is the slightly later model with radar and sonar inputs: apart from that it is almost identical. However they could not promise immediate delivery and I wanted a replacement fitted quickly. New Vulcan 7Rs retail at around £650 - £700 with a B&G RRP of £819.

I thus bought a new Vulcan 7R retail, and installed that. The 7FS is thus listed as "for spares or not working" though a buyer could get it swapped by Navico for a new Vulcan 7R. It comes with unused trunnion mount, panel mount template and power cable, box and manual. No chart cartridge is included.

Default Re: Vulcan 7FS chartplotter - faulty but factory exchange possible.

put a reserve on it, dont let it go for twenty quid m8.

I just bidded 30 and a penny, - it'll go for a lot more than that I'm sure.
    Last edited by skipper681; 19-08-19 at 22:42.