Default Shore Power Surge Protection

Them that own the marina I am moored in have been buggering around with the electrics on the pontoons. Upshot is several peoples TV's have popped and are now dead as have a couple of battery chargers and some immersion heaters (which seems odd). This is in the UK on 230v Single Phase AC.

This all got me looking for some sort of Surge Protector that I thought might plug into the shore cable or even a surge protected cable.

Alas Mr Google has thrown up little useful.

Anyone had similar happen or indeed know of such a protection device for our boats

Dennis
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Default Re: Shore Power Surge Protection

This might work ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMODKIT2...1d6a61cecab4d8

But I would be asking the marina management what mods have recently been undertaken. At our marina a few years ago they replaced the original C rated MCBs (light motors and domestics) with B rated (lighting circuits) as part of a general equipment renewal and modernisation. Then whenever the live-aboards turned on a washing machine, or other inductive load the shore power would trip.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

I will be interested in this too - I recently lost a battery charger and fridge inverter to the same. Fortunately everything else was switched off.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneakp View Post
    I will be interested in this too - I recently lost a battery charger and fridge inverter to the same. Fortunately everything else was switched off.
    I was rather thinking there might be a simple piece of Kit you can just plug into your shore lead but that does not seem to be the case
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    I was rather thinking there might be a simple piece of Kit you can just plug into your shore lead but that does not seem to be the case
    Lots of conventional socket mounted devices, I guess just no demand for niphan plug based devices.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association