Default New VHF and AIS aerials needed - which make to go for?

I lost one of my Pacific aerials recently in the high winds. It looks like the joint between the nylon ferule and the plastic aerial sleeve/enclosure worked loose and it just fell overboard leaving the innards hanging down. Luckily it was my AIS and it still actually worked, but naturally as preventative maintenance I will be replacing the VHF before it goes the same way; it's already loose.

There seems to be a myriad of choices out there, but clearly Pacific is no longer on my list. Shakespeare seem favourite at the moment but Glomex aren't ruled out yet. Are there any recommendations from the collective. I'm looking for something durable and ideally prewired (one less connection to worry about). Probably with a stainless steel ferule and 1.8m to 2.4m as it's for a 32' motorboat and I feel 1.2m with typically 3dB gain is a bit small. I'm happy to pay for quality/durability so premium options would be welcomed.

Default Re: New VHF and AIS aerials needed - which make to go for?

I have Metz Manta antennas mounted on the radar arch.
    The vhf has been in use with my new vhf fitted this year . I have used the radio quite a lot with no issues.
    The AIS antenna has been in use 4 years.
    I bought cables made to the length I required and with connectors already fitted.

I fitted a Metz aerial a few yrs ago - apparently good quality, see saltyjohn.com. Saying that, tried calling SYH for a berth when returning from Holland - no reply, checked outside and the stainless whip was missing!! But you can buy a new whip from saltyjohn, which I've just ordered.

+1 for the Metz

Thanks for the comments. I've plumped for the Shakespeare 'Galaxy' range.