Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ostend

Default Re: Ostend

We'll be over later in the summer (summer?!). We were the only red ensign in sight last year at a similar time of year... We'll also drop into Nieuwport I expect as we love it there too...

We've just returned from a fortnight in Holland, very few UK boats there also, but a huge increase in motor boats, lots of extra berths in marinas. Stayed a couple of days in Breskens on the way back, the old yacht club bar has been rebuilt, now an upmarket Bar/Restaurant, all the burgees that festooned the bar had all gone... We were going to stop off at Ostende on the way back but due to the weather forecast went directly back - and found I'd lost my vhf aerial when trying to call SYH for a berth.

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

I used to like Ostend but with two tanks full of red stuff I dare not risk it.

Police arrived today,(Friday) did not come to me and as far as i am aware, they visited the office and no other boats and left. That is second visit in the 9 days i have been here. No customs- yet!!
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Home-Sidcup, boat-Lower Halstow, Kent, England

Strange we were there for one night in May and got a visit on 2nd day. As I said on other thread, all very friendly and jovial. Checked our documents and when everything was correct, left without checking the fuel that had been mentioned when they asked permission to come aboard.

Another british boat turned up from uk 2 days ago and stopped a day. Customs came immediately and went aboard. They had white fuel, tainted with red. Customs made no mention of fuel and were friendly towards them. Customs ignored me. They did not visit any Dutch boats in the harbour. I am once again the only british boat here
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12