Default B&G Network WIND 496 Masthead Unit

I'm looking for a working masthead unit type 496-10-002. I specifically need a fully-working PCB that fits into the MHU body, as I've got the spar which is in good condition.

Thanks.

Default Re: B&G Network WIND 496 Masthead Unit

I recommend you try Tinley Electronics in Lymington who may be able to fix your PCB or replace it. They have fixed my B&G MHU with new bearings successfully and promptly, so I’m a very satisfied customer. Here’s a link: https://www.tinleyelectronics.com/home.htm. Let us know how you get on please.

Thanks Jaldi and apologies for not spotting the reply earlier!

Had Tinley do a couple of repairs for me, but the repairs have not been successful for me.

If anyone is planning to remove a B&G Network Wind system this winter, could you drop me a wee message. I need to decide if I'm taking the mast down this winter to fit an alternative MHU or whether I can source a replacement to fit the existing hardware.

Thanks.

There’s a MHU on E-Bay. Hope you can get sorted.

DJE67

A couple of years ago, the MHU on my B&G network packed up and I wanted to replace the PCB and managed to purchase a replacement from cactus around the £90 mark if I recall. Rebuilt and replaced and still going strong.

I had originally spoken with TILNEY who wanted me to send the unit to them and to examine the unit they were asking £160 and that was before they started any necessary repair work! Replacing the entire MHU was extortionate!

Anyway cactus worth a look

Checked ebay, but didn't see it last night, but will keep looking.

Tried Cactus, but no joy for components for older stuff like the Network Wind.