Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Raymarine courses computer

It seen likely that our course compute may have seen better day .
    It's the old type S2 pilot.
    Problem is will a new compute fit with all the other instrument or will I have to buy add on bits ?
    Any help would be great .

If any one who may had the same problem I be interested how you may have sorted the problem .
    Problem ..once turned on the display says standby but after 10 second saying no link and the steering locks as if it's in auto .
    Only way to release the lock steering is to turn it off or as I did remover the clutch cables from the computer.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Default Re: Raymarine courses computer

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    It seen likely that our course compute may have seen better day .
    It's the old type S2 pilot.
    Problem is will a new compute fit with all the other instrument or will I have to buy add on bits ?
    If you want a definitive answer, ask Raymarine. Don't necessarily rely on posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    If you want a definitive answer, ask Raymarine. Don't necessarily rely on posts here.
    If that is your attitude to contributors on here why are you still here ?

Your answer could equally read if you want a partisan, commercially biased answer ask "XYZ" (the manufacturer).

It is my view answers and attitude such as this is why this forum has been declining so much over the past few years. Why on earth would contributors with valuable knowledge and experience contribute just to find the advice and experience offered freely and in good faith simply derided by keyboard critics with no actual contribution.
    Last edited by superheat6k; 15-08-19 at 20:48.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

Quote Originally Posted by superheat6k View Post
    If that is your attitude to contributors on here why are you still here ?
    Because I always try to give the most accurate and appropriate answers to posters' questions. When (if) you ever get as many "thank you" messages as I've had, you may begin to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat6k View Post
    It is my view answers and attitude such as this is why this forum has been declining so much over the past few years. Why on earth would contributors with valuable knowledge and experience contribute just to find the advice and experience offered freely and in good faith simply derided by keyboard critics with no actual contribution.
    Simply because Vic needs the correct answer, not what some random anonymous poster cares to post. As it happens, Vic hasn't given enough information for anyone to answer his question ( what does "will a new compute fit with all the other instrument" mean to you?). He needs to email Raymarine with details of his system, and ask their advice.

UK and NW Caribbean, Belize Mexico & Guatemala

Within the last few years I got Raymarine to change the main board in my S2, I also managed to pick up an second hand S3 which is what I am using at the moment, worth a ring to see if they are still doing this

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    Because I always try to give the most accurate and appropriate answers to posters' questions. When (if) you ever get as many "thank you" messages as I've had, you may begin to understand.

Simply because Vic needs the correct answer, not what some random anonymous poster cares to post. As it happens, Vic hasn't given enough information for anyone to answer his question ( what does "will a new compute fit with all the other instrument" mean to you?). He needs to email Raymarine with details of his system, and ask their advice.
    My system is has I said a S2 model the other equipment are all St60 , wind , depth,log.
    What I am asking is , will a new type compute fit with the my other instrument or what Else would I need to buy so it compatible to older type equipment I already have ?
    I tho some one maybe able to answer the question .
    I have try raymarine to day but after hanging on for a reply for over 15 mins from Sardinia where we are now and not getting through , I thought I ask people here .

Quote Originally Posted by john_q View Post
    Within the last few years I got Raymarine to change the main board in my S2, I also managed to pick up an second hand S3 which is what I am using at the moment, worth a ring to see if they are still doing this
    Thanks john I try again to morrow ,
    I did try another raymarine service agent , but he wasn't very helpful , just suggested I send my old computer in for them to check .
    If I was back in the UK that wouldn't be a problem , but we not .

You can will be fine with the expensive bit, the linear motor and also with the fluxgate compass and ruddern sensor. Not sure about the control display.

Hi Vic,

I am pretty sure the new generation of Raymarine Course Computers will interface with existing ST60 instruments, including the ST60 autopilot control head. You will probably need a Seatalk to SeaTalk NG convertor so that they talk to each other.

Best thing to do is download the install/operating manual for the course computer you are looking at, this should give details of what instruments the computer can be interfaced with and what extra bits you might need to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by crisjones View Post
    Hi Vic,

I am pretty sure the new generation of Raymarine Course Computers will interface with existing ST60 instruments, including the ST60 autopilot control head. You will probably need a Seatalk to SeaTalk NG convertor so that they talk to each other.

Best thing to do is download the install/operating manual for the course computer you are looking at, this should give details of what instruments the computer can be interfaced with and what extra bits you might need to do it.
    Thanks Chris I was about to email you ,
    Bloody pain could had done without this right now .
    I still trying to work out which one will work with the S2 model pilot .
    It was the St instruments I was worried about , didn't want to have to change all them too .
    We was hoping to catch up with you but your well ahead of us now .
    Once this is sort we be heading back to Sicily to start on the CC .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast