Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Newish Boat Required

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    Sealine c330?
    Too expensive I guess?

There are some perfect good boats out there a little older than your limit. I dont consider a 10 year old boat to be old nor necessarily needing any great amount of work.
    If you want the ability to go fast you probably should not rule out twin engines.
    yes too expensive martyn, it isnt just the amount of work mechanically , its the interior also (im female dont forget lol!), interiors have changed a lot over the years, in homes, but the boat industry in the main hasn't, but the are getting there act together a bit with the insides, in the last few years.A lot of the boats look old fashioned to me inside, and i want a contemporary modern feel to the boat, even the newish Jeanneau boats the interior wood is that cherry colour and i really dont like it, then they moved onto walnut which to me looks far classier, however if the price was right i would buy a boat with the wood i dont like, and i would change a great deal of it, to Corian.(ive years of experiece doing this to houses , but not boats).However im sure i can adapt my skills in someway......
    And there has to be an alternative to that teak flooring, my oh my, it you dont want the real thing get the flexi teek, !! Crikey, why hasnt anyone moved away from this, theres loads of material out there that would do the same thing surely ?Why have the same as anyone else ?

The interior furniture being in good order is important and clearly you need to be able to live with it.

Teak came with my boat and I love it. The upkeep is not such a chore for me but people who have dogs aboard or are otherwise messy must hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosealegsyet View Post
    ...its the interior also (im female dont forget lol!), interiors have changed a lot over the years, in homes, but the boat industry in the main hasn't, but the are getting there act together a bit with the insides, in the last few years.A lot of the boats look old fashioned to me inside, and i want a contemporary modern feel to the boat, even the newish Jeanneau boats the interior wood is that cherry colour and i really dont like it, then they moved onto walnut which to me looks far classier...
    You might like the Sealine SC35, it's much more modern inside than the previous generation of Sealines. External styling is a bit Marmite but I like it. You'll get one for your budget and it's a very capable boat. An example listing with some good interior shots here:

https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1741127/
    Last edited by Scala; 19-08-19 at 12:58.
    Graham. Bavaria 42 Vision, "Scala" now sold. Boatless.

Quote Originally Posted by Scala View Post
    You might like the Sealine SC35, it's much more modern inside than the previous generation of Sealines. External styling is a bit Marmite but I like it. You'll get one for your budget and it's a very capable boat. An example listing with some good interior shots here:

https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1741127/
    The sc38 is nice too. Easier on the eye.
    But bot may be too old to fit requirements in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    The sc38 is nice too. Easier on the eye.
    But bot may be too old to fit requirements in this case.
    SC38 I find an odd combo with its new style modern sharp edged interior, and old school Sealine exterior, just IMHO. You're right about the age of them though.

Boats.co.uk have a 2017 , c330 sealine with 45 hrs ,asking 200k, they will usually put a deal together.

Quote Originally Posted by TK Blue MAX View Post
    Boats.co.uk have a 2017 , c330 sealine with 45 hrs ,asking 200k, they will usually put a deal together.
    That's an S330. Different beast, a lot more compromised below than its C330 cousin

Quote Originally Posted by Scala View Post
    SC38 I find an odd combo with its new style modern sharp edged interior, and old school Sealine exterior, just IMHO. You're right about the age of them though.
    You are right about the mix or curvy and square . But I still like the SC38.

OP might like it if a 10 year old boat fits teh bill at all... bigger than the SC35, and cheaper than the SC35 at the same age. Good interior with a lot of space for a 38' and I like the split head/shower.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456