Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brest 2020

Default Brest 2020

Hello. Does anyone know how to register a boat for the Brest 2020 festival? I've looked for ages online, but can only see either corporate sites, or the official site which only seems to be offering day tickets for the general public. Am I just being dim?
    thanks

Default Re: Brest 2020

I've sent them a Facebook message asking that question, as it feels like time for another visit, since 2012 which was fantastic.
    But maybe it's too soon to have the yacht registration up and running? The square riggers are being publicised this far in advance but no yacht list yet. I will post here if they do reply anyway..

I think I'd rather push on to Douarnenez.....

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    I think I'd rather push on to Douarnenez.....
    Doesn't the Brest festie (Brestie?) continue down to DZ afterwards?

yes it does in an organised parade of sail

They have just sent me a message from the Facebook page: "Bonjour, yacht registrations open in October 2019.
    Welcome, and keep an eye on our Facebook page for further announcements."

All these events operate through FB these days, so I would suggest following their advice

The Douarnenez lads have got their oar in first, sent this out last Wednesday (this is just the bottom bit of the email)

L[I][I][I][I]es inscriptions sont ouvertes !
    Il est possible de s’inscrire dès aujourd’hui en remplissant le formulaire sur notre site internet : www.tempsfete.com

Toujours avec le souci de vous réserver le meilleur accueil possible, nous vous demandons de nous informer de votre date d’arrivée prévue à Douarnenez dès que celle-ci sera connue, soit en remplissant l’onglet prévu à cet effet dans le formulaire, soit en nous en informant plus tard par mail ou téléphone.

Pour toute question, suggestion, envie... nous restons à votre disposition à l'adresse : maritime@tempsfete.com

Did the hop from Plymouth in 23 hours in 2016, which was great, but doing it by trailer next year, due to time pressures and distaff PTSD three years ago, and she wasn't even aboard! We popped BD down to Douarnenez for the Temps Fête last year, which was delightful, but a lot quieter than the quadrennial event. The parade of sail between the two ports is a thing of wonder. Brest is big and brash, and the big draw for hundreds of thousands of general public, but Douarnenez has all the Breton charm, and is difficult to leave.

Thanks, filled it in, fingers crossed..
    "Now shall the gentleman haul and draw with the mariner"
    John Hawkins

Likewise.

Thanks for the heads-up, Phill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast